Sign in to follow this  
Lucan

Looking to ugrade the Daily

I want to upgrade my daily to something nicer...

Would like to spend less than 10 but could go to 12k if I felt it was worth it, have been looking at the following models but am not limited too:

E46 coupe 325-330i

E39 530-540i

Must be black ;) would like Motorsport extras (bodykit mainly as they look 100x better)

Don't really want anything less than 2.5l

Can be auto as finding a decent condition manual looks out of my price range.

Service history

NZ new would be nice

Not really bothered about km's...as long as all preventive maint is up to date etc...

Have been trawling trademe for weeks but yet to find anything I must have

What are the downfalls or common issues of E46 and E39? I've only ever owned and worked on E30 and E36 thus far and can't be bothered compiling all the relevant info hah

Edited by Lucan

I can say from experience that it won't be easy to tick all those boxes! (Because its the same as what I was looking for)

Black e46 coupe 325/330ci msport for 10-12k.

I eventually got my 330i sedan because I couldn't find a nice coupe..

But they do exist somewhere. And someone will be selling eventually just a matter of time... My friend just sold his 2003 facelift black msport 330ci coupe for 13500 and had only done 70-80kms :( was a good buy for someone..

How come you're not considering the e46 sedan? When ur considering the e39? I was reluctant with my sedan at first but I find that once I'm sitting inside there is no difference between a coupe lol..

But yea. Might be easier and cheaper to buy a 530i but repair costs I reckon are higher due to more common suspension issues in the e39. I've yet to spend much money on my e46 and I've had it for over a year. Only done oil and filter changes and tyres basically so far. No issues at all.

Anyways good luck

Thanks for that insight.

I prefer the coupe cosmetically to the sedan and it seems like any other 3 series they seem to hold their value better than a sedan. And MSport e39s are just as good looking! I'm being superficial here and going after looks haha

Yea I figured my list would be a stretch for under 12k but you never know...I'm not in a rush so can wait for the right one to pop up.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-612213239.htm

not the best... but still worth a look if price is negotiable..

pros..

black

nz new

manual

bootlip spoiler

nice bbs rc wheels

looks tidy

leather

cons..

1999 not 2000+

non msport

m52b28tu not m54b25/30

wood trim

chrome window trim

PRICE! $14000?! must be dreaming.. worth 10k or less imo...

but yea.. still may be decent.. small mods to fix up then chuck a mtech bumper/m3 on the front, rear is okay in my view..

I want to upgrade my daily to something nicer...

Would like to spend less than 10 but could go to 12k if I felt it was worth it, have been looking at the following models but am not limited too:

E46 coupe 325-330i

E39 530-540i

Must be black ;) would like Motorsport extras (bodykit mainly as they look 100x better)

Don't really want anything less than 2.5l

Can be auto as finding a decent condition manual looks out of my price range.

Service history

NZ new would be nice

Not really bothered about km's...as long as all preventive maint is up to date etc...

Have been trawling trademe for weeks but yet to find anything I must have

What are the downfalls or common issues of E46 and E39? I've only ever owned and worked on E30 and E36 thus far and can't be bothered compiling all the relevant info hah

I know where there is a genuine S5 for sale

6 speed manual, v8