Sign in to follow this  
e30pete325

Aftermarket intake

So my intake boot needs replacing and buggered if i'm going to spend $70 odd dollars on a new one for the only place that seems to supply them here in Tauranga ... So i'd rather spend extra on somthing aftermarket but am struggling to find anything local , But have found this ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-2-75-E30-...r-/160810549860

So here hoping ive done this right , above is the link to a CXRacing intake kit which is exactly what I want but hoping I can find somthing loacal and at a better price does anyone who of any other intake kits ava ?

Also Im sure I read some where on here that someone was making them if that someone is out there and still making them please drop me a message cheerz.

Where abouts did you go for the boot? We've got a few options locally

IMO - keep it stock. looks good, easily maintained and preformance will be comparitable to any entry level aftermarket solution. Save those pennies for go fast or bling bling mods...

$70 not too bad, should last another ten years at least

I have a Simota Carbon cold air intake I'm selling, Fits before the AFM though so youd still need to get a OEM boot or whatever.. Have adapter plate and a mount to fit it in.

Posted Image

thirtyglam, that quote I got was from coombs johnston bmw in the Mt. I need to make a few more calls but the main place that I was recommended was SAS and they dont even do them.

Thanks for the offer e30ftw but my main concern is the boot the air filter and adaptor are easy to find!

keep it stock mate, better performance, better resale value.

is this what you need?

Intake Boot

I will make another order at some point and can add this to it.

This might help

....go stock.