Sign in to follow this  
gtstarped

E36 no start - urgent help please

i was readying my track hack for pukekohe this weekend so decided to cut loose wiring out of the rear of the car. i was starting the carafter each cut to make sure it did not effect it but may have not tried last few times. went to start today and its just cranking. ews clicks, can feel fuel in the lines but won't bite. no codes of importance.

is there anything in the wiring that runs up the side of the car that effects the dme or anything like that on start up? heard a rumour today there may be something fuse related but not yet confirmed.

its bad timing as i have limited time to get it ready for Saturday and I'd run the fuel a bit low possibly and was washing front of engine after changing the radiator aftermgetting coolant over it, so I'm a bit lost on where to start. has fuel now and crank sensor not showing up in codes.

last time i tried it coughed once but did not start. any help is appreciated

cheers

fuel pump wires.

or maybe a blwon fuse

check some of the small 5amp fuses there is one there if it blows the car wont start

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

fuel pump wires.

or maybe a blwon fuse

check some of the small 5amp fuses there is one there if it blows the car wont start

been thru everything like fuses yesterday and nothing. sorted a few earths today and it coughed and spluttered to life out of the blue after flatting the battery yesterday cranking it. ran for 30mins, now it has a cam sensor error permanently which josh pulled up as a intermittent error when he ran codes in the dark last night as was at the bottom of the drive way, cleared it and didn't come back. oobviously has now decided to show its self.

cam sensors out now and a mates bringing one over.

will text you tonight to confirm its alive and to confirm tomorrow.

cheers

been thru everything like fuses yesterday and nothing. sorted a few earths today and it coughed and spluttered to life out of the blue after flatting the battery yesterday cranking it. ran for 30mins, now it has a cam sensor error permanently which josh pulled up as a intermittent error when he ran codes in the dark last night as was at the bottom of the drive way, cleared it and didn't come back. oobviously has now decided to show its self.

cam sensors out now and a mates bringing one over.

will text you tonight to confirm its alive and to confirm tomorrow.

cheers

pull the rubber boot back on the cam sensor and crank sensor plugs you will see all the insulation has fallen off