Sign in to follow this  
raewyn22

E30 Foglight mounting

Hey guys,

Any particular types of clips or screws to be used when mounting the fog lights for the e30 on the factory mounting points?

Car had blanks on it held on by rubber clips.

All suggestions appreciated

Hey guys,

Any particular types of clips or screws to be used when mounting the fog lights for the e30 on the factory mounting points?

no, uses the same clips and screws the blanks uses, just unscrew, remove blanks, and then put new brackets in etc

edit: some E30s are prewired from the factory, if not, the fogs have thier own loom that runs along the front bumper behind it, and up the left fender, and clips on somewhere, there might be a plug empty there on the wing, or it might have to go to the junction box behind glovebox, i forget now. but they are definately on thier own loom

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

no, uses the same clips and screws the blanks uses, just unscrew, remove blanks, and then put new brackets in etc

Thanks Andy, but the clips I have off my car are plastic and they don't fit the brackets I have purchased. No screws either. Thinking of just buying some nuts and bolts that fit nicely.

Can't wait to get it all set up though!

your talking about a facelift right? I have no idea what the setup for a prefacelift is.

hmm im sure that there should be plastic bungs for want of better word that is pushed in the valance regardless of if fogs or blanks. i dont have an E30 in the drive to jog my memory sorry!

your talking about a facelift right? I have no idea what the setup for a prefacelift is.

hmm im sure that there should be plastic bungs for want of better word that is pushed in the valance regardless of if fogs or blanks. i dont have an E30 in the drive to jog my memory sorry!

Definitely facelift, have posted a photo for reference.

Andy, sounds like you need to get back into the E30 club ;)

Definitely facelift, have posted a photo for reference.

Andy, sounds like you need to get back into the E30 club ;)

you bet I do. Secretly looking for a tidy silver tech1

you bet I do. Secretly looking for a tidy silver tech1

*tech2

Yeah the fog lights screw into plastic bungs if you line it up behind the valance the holes should line up to plastic screw bungs and you just need some screws to mount them.

*tech2

Yeah the fog lights screw into plastic bungs if you line it up behind the valance the holes should line up to plastic screw bungs and you just need some screws to mount them.

*either

was starting to think i was going cray, good another E30 dude agreeing with me!

Raewyn not sure why your setup is different!?

Hey guys,

you will need the bungs+ screws, local wrecker, or

if you get stuck there is a car here that they can be removed from

Thanks every one for the help, ended up getting some clips of HellBM and self tappers to screw in...

But what came out were two sided rubber/plastic clips.

Got them in now, best thing I have done to it in months :-)