Sign in to follow this  
Beaubot

Will E36 manual gear fit e46?

as in the title, will my e36 manual stuff work in an e46 chassis without modification to mounts etc? Drive shaft length and bolt pattern? clutch pedal and master?

Obviously the centre console wont fit.

Maybe after a 6cyl e46 wagon considering I cant find an e36

Cheers

not sure about your question but good luck finding a e46 wagon! pretty damn hard to find those too

gearbox , clutch and flywheel will fit,

driveshaft ,gearlver mech , pedals , clutch master cylinder wont./

but some parts can be modified to fit , or just buy new parts to suit etc

i have a e46 2001 318iA full motorsport spec wagon for sale

done 132k 1.9l m43 engine 5spd auto .

mint car in imola red.

11k ono

Thanks for the answer and the offer Brent, but I think Ill be looking for a 6cyl.

Kyu, theres 6 on TM at the moment and I also have the capability to import my own from Japan

eg http://img.jcarinfo.net/gix.php?&op=45...0&inya=true

Although Id certainly prefer a motorsport. The only reason Id look at a conversion is because no one is interested in the coupe due to the high KMs, bloody car dealers and their KM battles!

Thanks for the answer and the offer Brent, but I think Ill be looking for a 6cyl.

Kyu, theres 6 on TM at the moment and I also have the capability to import my own from Japan

eg http://img.jcarinfo.net/gix.php?&op=45...0&inya=true

Although Id certainly prefer a motorsport. The only reason Id look at a conversion is because no one is interested in the coupe due to the high KMs, bloody car dealers and their KM battles!

Unlikely that you could comply an E46 now with the new emissions laws. I think up would need o find one already here.

Unlikely that you could comply an E46 now with the new emissions laws. I think up would need o find one already here.

Bang on, I hadnt checked the emission codes till after I posted. As much as I want to salvage my e36 coupe in the form of a wagon I think Im best just to finish my Stagea and use that for wagon duties and keep the e36 as a beater, I enjoy driving it and I guess thats what really matters.

when I said good luck to finding a e46 wagon i had in mind a motorsport 330i wagon haha, just didnt say it out loud.

ive only ever seen 2 i think in the last year and a bit. one was in hamilton, i regret not buying that... and one other one im sure.. but really hard to find 330i msport wagons, especially facelift and black!!

anyways, if you got a stagea, might aswell keep that and try to sell the e36 or maybe make it a project? m3 engine??

when I said good luck to finding a e46 wagon i had in mind a motorsport 330i wagon haha, just didnt say it out loud.

ive only ever seen 2 i think in the last year and a bit. one was in hamilton, i regret not buying that... and one other one im sure.. but really hard to find 330i msport wagons, especially facelift and black!!

anyways, if you got a stagea, might aswell keep that and try to sell the e36 or maybe make it a project? m3 engine??

yes very hard to find 330i f/l black wagon

Brent you showoff :)

I think the best plan is to leave the e36 as it is, no point investing more money In a car with 322222km as high mileage scares everyone away. Ill just drive it, the way it likes to be driven..... maybe upgrade to an LSD....

Also I dont need another project as this is the Stagea

Posted Image

Thanks, it looked like this when I got it last year

Posted Image

I should be downstairs finishing it instead of on the interwebs but hey.

^ LOL what a huge difference a r34 front end makes... and fresh paint. thinking it would look good with a black roof but maybe overkill with the bonnet... hmm