Sign in to follow this  
qube

Best commercials

Two of my favorite commercials (which just happen to be about the e39 m5)

Hands down best commercial is for the worlds most boring car.

there was one about 10 years ago for the new Corolla boosting through town and all the other non-toyota cars pulling out of thier parks and following it and then the Corolla flicks away and then they all drive off the cliff. Quite good. but I haven't owned TV for about 3 or 4 years now so may be better ones lol

Edit: oh i found it, hmm not so good 15 years on haha

also found this which was good

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

As far as NZ made ads for NZ, it doesn't get much better than this for me - the original Hilux ad, made in 1982ish with facelift RN 46 model. Why, in my opinion??

- It combined 2 x iconic kiwis, with a major vehicle importer, advertising something that quickly became a legend in rural NZ.

- It was 'real world' filming - no special effects etc......

- looking back at it now, it gives insight into how much NZ has changed since then. As much as its very un-pc now, there's no seatbelts, we're smoking, there's a rifle in the rear window........& I bet they had fun making it......

This, set the precedent for Toyota 4WD advertising & marketing in NZ.........

As far as NZ made ads for NZ, it doesn't get much better than this for me - the original Hilux ad, made in 1982ish with facelift RN 46 model. Why, in my opinion??

- It combined 2 x iconic kiwis, with a major vehicle importer, advertising something that quickly became a legend in rural NZ.

- It was 'real world' filming - no special effects etc......

- looking back at it now, it gives insight into how much NZ has changed since then. As much as its very un-pc now, there's no seatbelts, we're smoking, there's a rifle in the rear window........& I bet they had fun making it......

This, set the precedent for Toyota 4WD advertising & marketing in NZ.........

before i was born ha. thats great! you want sugar mate? No. Well just dont stir it :lol: Read some of Barry Crumps books when i was younger, they are quite good

before i was born ha. thats great! you want sugar mate? No. Well just dont stir it :lol: Read some of Barry Crumps books when i was younger, they are quite good

Lols - I was just a kid - must have made a impact somewhere somehow in me though, haha.... :)

Useless Monday night trivia continues - in terms of Crumpy's books - for all the 'hard living womanising bush man' that he was, across all the books he wrote there was never any swearing / foul language......... :)

Edited by Blue-540i