Sign in to follow this  
Tidy30

Hello from an aspiring BMW owner!

Been introduced to bimmersport forums through a good friend of mine!

As title suggests, I have been eyeing up Trademe for quite a while now looking for my next adventure. Having recently graduated from uni and starting to earn a little more money, I've been trying to learn as much as I an before going and making a purchase.

Looking at setting up a pre-purchase inspection by a reputable BMW workshop, but have an embarrassingly small amount of knowledge when it comes to these things! From the "BMW workshops in Auckland" thread, I'm looking at getting BM Workshop to take a look for me. Have the times changed since 2009? Are they still a good place to go?

Cheers! Looking forward to learning and contributing to this great community

Well Gidday to you utter newbie. Mate, when you have been on here as long as i have, *snigger* you'll have so much knowledge to dispense to others you will be awe inspiring.......

Nah, I just got here myself last night :P Just wanted to say Hiya and say people are friendly as and very helpful. Welcome and see ya around!

i am not an aucklander but i think they are one of THE places to take a bmw for a pre purchase.Do not discount the main bmw dealers either,they do a std 90min innspection.I have done that twice in Welly

Edited by kiwi535

Hey there Tidy - yea, I'm a newbie too - this is a great place to be I reckon. :) Good crew, common interest etc - hope you find what you're looking for - theres lots of gooood stuff out there, reasonably priced too. So long as its got a good service history, & hasn't been 'boganised' or had too much 'little boy stuff' done to it, makes a good basis to start with. I'd suggest NZ new has merits too, but I have bias with that anyway..... :)

You're cracking me up Katy - 3.57am................... :rolleyes::lol::)

Looking at setting up a pre-purchase inspection by a reputable BMW workshop, but have an embarrassingly small amount of knowledge when it comes to these things! From the "BMW workshops in Auckland" thread, I'm looking at getting BM Workshop to take a look for me. Have the times changed since 2009? Are they still a good place to go?

Hi Tidy30 - BM Workshop is a great choice. Been with Ross and his team for years. When we came to Auckland we were looking for a reliable workshop as well. BM Workshop was recommended by our BMW mechanic in Christchurch. I like fact that they are BMW enthusiasts and work solely on BMW / Mini. The only other alternative I would trust our cars to is Ernst @ Bavarian Motors across the Shore.

Edited by C-130 Hercules

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I've had PPIs done at Team McMillan and was happy with the job they did.

Whilst I haven't had a PPI done, I've had servicing and used BM Workshop (Grey Lynn) many times and have always been happy with the work they've done.

Welcome! from a W124? I would recommend going for an E34, unless you would want an E39 or an E60 :D

I agree but don't underestimate those 3 series!

Welcome to the Forum too my man!! Pretty much all you need to know are within these pages and there are always loads of people willing to give help if they are not! ^_^

Thanks team! I am indeed looking closely at E34's and I've been on the lookout for a particular car for since the beginning of the year. It's probably a bit unreasonable, but to be honest I'm a little scared to share which Trademe listing I am currently in talks with in case somebody sweeps in and seals the deal before I get my PPI done!

Sure makes it hard to ask for advice though!