Sign in to follow this  
Vash

Newbie...finally posting

Hi All..and a big THANK YOU to all you for your posts and pics!!

I own my second BMW, ( first was back in 2004, a 325i cabrio 1991 in South Africa...and thanks to 5 idiots that wanted a closer look of my rear, I had to say goodbye to it after 3 very short weeks). And now I have a 1996 528ia B)

Calypso Red with chrome 5 star TSW 19"......and thats pretty much where the buck stops. Previous owner was kind enough to have replaced the airfilter with a pod, trashed the MAF so it runs with the MAF plug disconected:banghead: ; probably eaten the fogs, given the state of the front bumper and then generally had no appreciation for what he had. but that said, I dont have much mechanical knowledge and all I know now, is thanks to you guys ~ for your advice; tips and pics.

So at this stage I'm here to learn as much as I can, from you guys, about caring for and maintaining e39... and hopefully a mod or two someday. I'd say on a shoe string budget but I'v yet to even get the SHOE STRING!!

I'l do my best not to annoy too much with too much questions :P

Welcome to the forum.

There are a number of E39 owners and enthusiasts on the boards!

Welcome, and good to see another BMW being saved from the scrap heap! And im sure you'll find the answers to your questions here easily enough.