Sign in to follow this  
Allanw

Penrite HPR 5W-40 on special

Just popped into Repco yesterday and they had Penrite HPR 5W-40 on special for $60.

Meets BMW LL-01 and ACEA A3/B4, so is a suitable/economical for the M54 amongst other engines. About $30 a bottle less than the Castrol Edge I normally use.

Although the lady behind the counter did try to tell me that as the milage increases, I might want to move to a "thicker 10W-40" :wacko: Uh-huh.

$55.96 at supercheap auto this weekend with Club+ card.

im surprised she didnt try to take you all the way to the 40W70

As above, normally only about 70 anyway at Supercheap for the same stuff.

They say that because that's how the training is done based around the jap cars and unless they actually look it up they will believe what they say.

I very rarely go to Supercheap or Ripco... I actually only went in to get the Edge, but saw the Penrite, so thought I'd try it. Certainly can't be assed getting any kind of card :D

I usually get all my stuff from Partmaster, as the guys up here know what they talking about, and I get trade anyway. I needed a Castrol vendor (I thought) and Ripco is opposite the beers shop :lol:

You need to open a Castrol account - on mine I can get a 5L bottle of 5w for $20...

You need to open a Castrol account - on mine I can get a 5L bottle of 5w for $20...

I usually use the "correct" 0W-40 A3/B4 Edge that retails forjust under $100. I probably wouldn't get that for $20 :D

i truly believe in the penrite products.

If you call their 0800 number and talk to their tech guys especially shaun they can tell you anything.

Shaun knows more about oil than i know about everything, especially good for race guys.

Penrite is all I use.

I pulled the covers on my engine and was greeted by an absolutely beautifully clean pair of cams :)

Compared to when I got the car, amazing.

I'm not a brand whore, but I tend to buy brands I'm familiar with (you know; Sorny, Panaphonics etc). I guess Penrite is a brand I'm becoming familiar with.

I have heard that you can get just about info info you want about their oil - they even have it listed on the Mercedes Bevo site for it's 229.5 rating - a lot of oils have the rating on the bottle, but aren't listed on the site.

I certainly have no qualms about trying it.