Sign in to follow this  
louistan3

Buying supplies/parts/tools/etc

Hi guys,

I've got an e30 and was just wondering where everyone buys their parts? supplies (Oils,etc)? tools? and whatever else needed to work on cars?

I've got the standard tools ages ago from repco/supercheap but thought people here might actually have better places in mind to buy these things?

I assume not everyone here has a trade account so somewhere not requiring that would be good :)

Thanks for your help

For parts, best place hands down is Euro Italian, he can normally source all the tools etc aswell.

specific parts i look around but usually euro italian or ebay etc if i have time.

basic filters, oils and tools i see supercheapauto

specific parts i look around but usually euro italian or ebay etc if i have time.

basic filters, oils and tools i see supercheapauto

Pretty limited choice at supercheap, what's a good brand to go with in regards to oils and filters?

I used to go with Castrol GTX for oils, is there a better option?

Pretty limited choice at supercheap, what's a good brand to go with in regards to oils and filters?

I used to go with Castrol GTX for oils, is there a better option?

as long its a name brand you cant go wrong with oil really. I only use Penrite or Castrol personally. dont use red stamp/repco brand/etc

Repco used to be Mobil not sure if still is

Chic at the counter told me it was Penrite - was the same chic who tied to tell me that 10W40 was thicker than 5W-40 and would be required as the kms got up too though....

Well it was 8 years ago i left lol. Last time i went into a repco i offered to go behind the counter and get the part myself coz the person took 15mins looking for it down the wrong isle. Just like today tho customer trying to tell me how a 600d was the new version of a 60d (canon slrs)

Edited by Mr2low

Repco used to be Mobil not sure if still is

You mean it was the crap Mobil didn't want to put their name on....

Thanks for the help guys, will contact euro italian for parts!