Sign in to follow this  
glen.riley.1990

New Member from Auckland

Hey Guys

I've been a silent member on here for a while and thought it was about time to introduce myself and car!

My daily is a NZ new 328i SE in Diamond Schwarz and black leather. I have had the front control arm bushings replaced with solid rubber ones, and DIYed the rear trailing arm bushes. I'd like to think I've subtly improved it by swapping the standard couch springs for some factory M-Sport ones, installing some Koni yellow shocks and putting some 17x8 BBS RX shoes on it.

(sorry about the quality of the photos, the best camera I own belongs to an iphone... May try and get a photography friend to do a fotoshoot of it one day after a real good clean and wax)

post-6049-0-19355700-1381202241_thumb.jp

post-6049-0-69314300-1381202315_thumb.jp

post-6049-0-25269700-1381202343_thumb.jp

Future plans for the car at this stage are installing the LSD center sitting on my bedside table and giving it a 3rd pedal (sooner rather than later hopefully!)

This is the 2nd of 3 BMWs I have owned, the first being an E36 318IS 5 speed, the third a E36 325I acquired at a good price for a fix up and sell it or track hack(still undecided).

When and if the 325I goes I'de like to replace it with an E34 540I (no plans to sell the 328I)

I have also just fallen across the Auckland dyno day thread in Avondale this saturday. Avondale is fairly local to me so I thought I might pop down and check out some of the action.

Outside of BMWs I am a mechanical engineer and like to get into a bit of outdoorsie stuff; mountain biking, snow boarding, wake boarding, fishing ect.

I'm always keen to get my hands dirty and generally interested in car project stuff so if your local to the Auckland area and have a cool project going on or just need a hand I'd be keen to help.

Cheers

Glen

Edited by glenR

Welcome, come down to the Dyno day, should be fun.

Looks nice on those wheels, just needs some msport bumpers ;)

You did come, I saw the car across the road, thought I recognized it.

Welcome to the forum dude, is that pic before the M sport springs looks a little high to me?!