Sign in to follow this  
kiwi6539

E34 indicator light staying on

Hello recently I had trouble with right hand side indicator lights staying on constantly no flashing. Wether car is running or not.

I removed relay 2pin yellow with blue strip. And it turns indicator lights off. I've replaced relay and worked fine for a few days and problem returned.

Both indicators work fine with out relay. But my remote central locking won't work with relay out.

Anyone know or had this problem before?

Any ideas would be great.

quite possibly the LKM (light kontrol module) they are pretty common issue with these cars.

swap it out with a known good one, if the problem persists then look elsewhere, but its a good place to start.

I have a spare one here, in a parts car but you will need to come to Seaview to try it if you want. and it wont be for sale.

Hi. Thanks for the info. I might take you up on that. The car is having some work done at mechanics.

So if they can't figure it out I'll get in touch to try it out.

And if it works try and find a full working one.

So if anyone else reading this has a fully functioning LKM unit for a 1989. E34 I could be interested.

alternatively, once you know your one is faulty (if it is), open it up and have a look for moisture, dry solder etc.