Sign in to follow this  
ceebee05

1991 Superturismo M3 E30

1991 E30 M3 Group A Superturismo. Been curious about this car since I first saw it at the 2012 Festival of Motor Racing celebrating BMW.

Great livery. According to the race program it's a genuine race car.

Would be interested in any history, information &/or websites anyone can suggest. Particularly the team name from the Superturismo Championship.

I like to add information to my pic's on Flickr.

Thanks.

post-13718-0-16068600-1381739003_thumb.j

I don't think it would have raced in the Superturismo during the Group A regulations in that specification. It almost looks like a European hillclimb spec?

As I remember that was a pretty quick car - with a real screamer of an engine. The photo book just lists the car as an M3 Group A, no mention of the Superturismo.

There is more info about the touring car racing involving the E30 M3 in France (Superturisme) and Italy (Superturismo) on this web-site here, but it's mostly in Spanish!! Som good info and pictures though.

http://elhombrebipolar.blogspot.co.nz/2008/11/bmw-m3-parte-6-de-6.html

As a complete OT - that's the back of my wagon in that shot!! :huh:

Let me send an email and get someones attention to who might be able to awnser this properly.

The car is "Grelleys blue M3. It raced in the French "Supertourisme" in 1991.(I very nearly bought this car before he did!)"

Thanks Jon, found the team name at this site, http://touringcarracing.net/Pages/p%201991%20Dijon.html

From the picture on this site Stephen has maintained the car true to it's origins.

It's a start, will have to update my entry's on Flickr. Anyone find something else let me know.