Sign in to follow this  
Mavrick

Recovering seats and Boot leak...........

Went into an apolstrey shop today to see how much they would quote me for two

front seats. They said it would be 250 each seat with normal fabric and if I wanted

bmw fabric it would be 100 dollars a meter. Does this sound like fair pricing?

Also my boot leak like a b*tch in each corner (under the battery and under where

the car jack is situated). Took it to Jeff Gray and he said it could be down pipes

from the sunroof because the seals around the boot are in good nick. Any Ideas

as to what may be causing this??

Cheers Mavrick

I believe i heard a guy got the whole lot of his done in town all in BMW fabric for $800.

I'll see if I can find the thread, cannot remember exactly who it was but it may have been Busted with the M325 forsale on trademe.

Edited by E30stz

Drain pipes from sunroof should go to the plastic vent on each side of the boot... connect as circled. This point drains directly to outside the boot. Check to see if the drain pipes are blocked as they often do.

However, the boot seal is notorious for leaking water. If it is it will leave the carpet lining wet. The drain pipes won't normally wet the carpet lining

Had 2 quotes for the convertible. $1500-1800 for BMW cloth, $1800-2800 for leather. Was $350 in BMW cloth for one front (sports) seat.

Hi William,

Hoping to have it done next month, although I have my eye on another car, which would slow things down, monetarily speaking.

Auckland Auto Trimmers in Grey Lynn were by far the best on price and also seemed very professional. They were (obviously) the cheaper quote above. I'm probably going to get the convertible done in leather.

Their number is 376 4442 and they're in MacKelvie St.

Cheers.