Sign in to follow this  
Joost

Creak from rear of my E46

Hi Guys,

I've only had my 328i for about a month. When I got it the previous owner had had it for 8 years and it looked like for the first 6 years he had done quite a bit of maintenence on ( he had kep receipts etc). For the next 2 years he hadn't done much work on it and when I bought it I had to replace all four rotors, pads and the RF suspension arm.

So far car drives great- got a new waterpump and hoses fitted as preventative maintenence. However, I've noticed that after driving the car and parking it up there is a creak coming from the Rear LHS wheel arch. Its noticeable when someone steps out of the backseat of the car or when you press down on the boot. However, after about 15 minutes or so when you come back to the car and press on the bonnet there is no creak anymore. Any idea what this can be? Its been on a mount and my mechanic couldn't find anything that looked worn or out of place. Doesn't really affect the drive but thopught I'd look at picking it up before anything major happens

Thanks

J

Sounds like its just the handbrake. My e36s do that all the time

Probably just the handbrake shoes rubbing on the backing plate for lack of lubricant. Try it with "PARk" on and no handbrake.