Sign in to follow this  
gtstarped

94 M3 with S50B32 conversion

A rare opportunity to purchase extremely well kept BMW (E36) M3. In my opinion its has the best colour, best engine and gearbox combo and by far the best interior colour available in the E36.

I bought the car as a daily driven 3.0 M3 with circa 210ks and rebuilt it into what you see now with the help of a rolled NZ new 96 BMW E36 M3 Evo (individual). Most of the time it sits in the garage now and has only done about 7-10k since I’ve owned it, however has to make way for something new.

Specs and upgrades

• 1994 BMW M3 (NZ new schnitzer) in Avis blue
  • S50B32 engine conversion from 96 M3 Evo 86 kilometres – 321 BHP twin Vanos with K&N air filter. Conversion done at 216k’s on chassis.
  • 6 Speed manual gearbox from M3 Evo.
  • 94 M3 six bolt 3.15.1 Limited Slip Differentiial converted to 3.64.1 final drive LSD, improving accerllaration and reducing overall gearing, with 2nd now maxing at 100k per hour (down from 117k). 6th gear now usable also other than for overdrive.
  • Full 96 M3 Evo exhaust system
  • Shorter 15.6.1 Evo steering column with bigger Evo hubs
  • Full NEW Bilstein B6 suspension with Germany made B&G lowering springs 1.25inch (original springs available), new rear shock mounts.
  • New Fredos DS2000 Front pads and sport rear with front grooved discs freshly ground.
  • Goodridge Brake Lines (certified for NZ road use) with Racing Dot 4 brake fluid.
  • Full Light Grey Nappa interior from a 96 BMW Individual M3 Evo including every interior component in the car except the upper dashboard (dashboard also available).
  • 18 inch Breyton Magic Wheels designed for BMW E36 – 41mm offset with 8.5x wide fronts and 9.5x wide rears with new 245x45x18 Dunlop Sport Maxx on the rear (7-8mm). 235x45x18 Bridgestone Direzza on the front (3mm).
  • Front bumper and guard resprayed and the single piece of rust removed and sealed
  • Evo clear side & corner indicators and black front mesh
  • Sony headunit
  • MBQ 8” compact subwoofer with built in amp
  • Avus 4 star alarm

During the conversion the following was done;

• New Caltex 10x60 Edge engine oil (changed every 6k, recently again), Caltex gearbox oil, BMW coolent, BMW power steering fluid, Racing brake/ clutch fluid, BMW diff fluid
  • New Vanos filter and Vanos bolts
  • New BMW clutch slave cylinder and clutch hose.
  • New powersteering belt
  • New brake pad wear sensors (x2)
  • New tie rod ends
  • New front swaybar bushes and swaybar links
  • New rear trailing arm bushes
  • New gas bonnet struts
  • New windscreen
  • New front and rear bumper trims
  • New Oxygen Sensor 2
  • New Throttle position sensor

Extensive receipt history for parts/work. All deregistration details including chassis plate included for donor car. Most of the work was done by me, however it was sent to BM Workshop who fnished the wiring and overlooked everything for safety and factory correctness.

Over $11k of upgrade expenses in the last two years not including my time or the M3 Evo engine, 6 speed gearbox or very rare nappa interior.

Genuine interest only please, no test pilots or tyre kickers. And if you’re under 25, please bring your mum.

$20k

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=661446360&ed=true

you forgot to mention the millage of the donar engine etc being around 90k's

you forgot to mention the millage of the donar engine etc being around 90k's

S50B32 engine conversion from 96 M3 Evo 86 kilometres – 321 BHP twin Vanos with K&N air filter. Conversion done at 216k’s on chassis.

i love it how the car looks like a "normal" e36 coupe but all the goodies are inside.. glws!

glws Tim. Ive always liked that car

Really nice job there man!

Now, to see if I can scam a lazy 20k :ph34r:

Edit: Swap ya for the worlds most boring Passat wagon and REALLY big IOU?? ;)

Edited by Ahmedsinc

Really nice job there man!

Now, to see if I can scam a lazy 20k :ph34r:

Edit: Swap ya for the worlds most boring Passat wagon and REALLY big IOU?? ;)

I'll take that lazy $20k then, and do something wonderful with it :-)