Sign in to follow this  
alaza

Sand Blasting Shop

Hey guys, i live in Centeral Auckland, just wondering if you guys know any cheap Sand Blasting Shop where i can get my Rocket cover cleaned u, and other few bits

Try Dave at Autoblast, real good guy and really knows his stuff, got loads of different blasting media to do the job right.

Just had a guard stripped by Stephen at Atomic - 100 Princes Street Onehunga, 09 36 8698. Looks pretty good and on the strength of that they now have the E21 shell for the racecar which is going to be dipped this week to kill the termites, etched inside the box sections and then blasted and coated with Epiphos. Not sure if they do bead blasting which is probably more what you need for a painted alloy casting (m50).

On the subject of M50 valve covers, how do people normally refinish them? Ours is the grotty NV faded gold and will need the same treatment one the build is finished.

possibly not deserved but im my defense ive been bottling this up for years from hundreds of instances....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP CALLING IT A ROCKET COVER.

IT COVERS ROCKERS, SO IS CALLED A ROCKER COVER.

THE ONLY PLACE THAT CAN CALL IT A ROCKET COVER IS AMERICA WHERE THEY CANT PRONOUNCE THE "ER"
ACCEPTABLE ALTERNATIVES ARE

"TAPPET COVER" , "CAM COVER" "ENGINE SOMBRERO" or "VALVE COVER"

but anyway back to it.

give it a degrease and ring around shops. heaps have sand blasting cabinets and if you are capable some may let you use their machine to do it yourself for much less money than them doing it.

i find sandblasting fun its nice to watch old scum and paint fly off.

also i have used VHT wrinkle finish black on a m60 v8 looked very professional.

rocket refers to how crazy powerful the engine is...

T is next to the R on a QWERTY keyboard. Could be an honest typo.

I also need my rocket cover painted.

Saturn-V-before-painting-3-11-2007.JPG

• Like 1

i deal with people saying rocket cover at least a few times a week. no typos on speech.

also i have used VHT wrinkle finish black on a m60 v8 looked very professional.

I tries that wrinkle paint on my m60 rocker covers - the cap was orange but the paint was red . The car is blue.

and the wrinkle is inconsistent - possibly due to me curing it in the BBQ with the lid down

I hate that paint now.

I've done my whole engine in vht wrinkle paint and a couple of things needed to be done twice because of inconsistency. I found I got the best results by painting during a warm day and letting it dry properly before curing...also a rough surface seems better than a smooth surface. Also it really hates primer.