Sign in to follow this  
ScD

Bentley Service Manual - e34

now if someone could just do that for the e30 one

wonder if that was taken down for copyright reasons...was there the other day

Did anybody manage to download a copy of it? I got there too late and would like to lay my hands on one somehow.

Seconded. I wouldnt mind a copy for the work I need to do this weekend given the one I ordered from the US hasnt shown up yet :(

If someone can provide some space I can upload it... 54mb zipped

It has quite a bit of info on rebuilding the M20, M30, and M50 which some of the e30 brigade may find useful...

The haynes one posted on here is missing two chapters - one of them being transmission. I'm wingng the g/b change, but wouldn't mind getting some of the torque figures.

**Goes to start Bentley manual group-buy thread.**

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

The haynes one posted on here is missing two chapters - one of them being transmission. I'm wingng the g/b change, but wouldn't mind getting some of the torque figures.

**Goes to start Bentley manual group-buy thread.**

What torque figures you looking for?

If someone can provide some space I can upload it... 54mb zipped

Do you have a dvd/cd burner? If so, if I sent you a blankdvd/cd in a self addressed envelope could you burn it for me? That is if you cant find space to host it...

shout you some liquid lunch for it... :beer:

What torque figures you looking for?

Flywheel bolts. Don't worry - on advice from a friend in the know I did them to 80ft/lbs. May not be correct to spec but should do the job.

Guest Andrew

Flywheel bolts. Don't worry - on advice from a friend in the know I did them to 80ft/lbs. May not be correct to spec but should do the job.

FT

Ah - sorry Andrew, but no.

the reason you torque flywheel bolts is not to make sure they are tight enough, but to make sure they are all the same tightness - this stops warp and unbalancing. If you don't torque your flywheel bolts you will probably end up with clutch shudder.

Wheel bolts can be the same - 100Nm or 85 ft/lbs is about right, but the important bit is to get them even so you don't warp your brake discs in the long term. Most tyre and wheel outfits I've talked to say it is their policy to torque wheel nuts - whether they actually do or not is another story...

You will prob get away with it, but I'm torquing mine, and although 80ft/lbs is not FT it is pretty tight and loctite aswell of course.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

You sir, rock. Already putting it to good use.

Anyone know if you can remove that radiator expansion tank without removing the radiator itself?