Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

Conformation please!!!

HEY

just need to know if this will fit:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction...asp?id=36849193

only the gear box as ive spoke to him and he only wants 100 bucks but i will still need other bits i think and if postage is reasonable i will buy it for sure.

Is it worth it? thanks

oops i spelt confirmation wrong...

Edited by nz320i

Should fit. For $100 if it doesn't fit.....so what, just resell it.

awesome!! i am buying it with clutch as well i cant wait to have it going,

Is there anything you have to do about the motronic/ecu???

Edited by nz320i

pre FL should work...its the other way round that doesnt

all the bits and pieces will run you up a fair bit though

nothing regards electronics.....you will just need to wire the inhibitor switch..i found the easiest way was to read the bentleys manual, beats mucking around on the web

is there any rough cost for the extras? say if its costs me 250 for the bits ive mentioned how much for that bearing you need? wht is the inhabitor switch? surge lives in chch hopefully he can help me out i think hes done his car

Guest Andrew

is there any rough cost for the extras? say if its costs me 250 for the bits ive mentioned how much for that bearing you need? wht is the inhabitor switch? surge lives in chch hopefully he can help me out i think hes done his car

extras as in pedal box, clutch master cylinder, driveshaft ?

This box possibly doesn't have place for the sensors that mount on the bellhousing your car probably has. Might pay to check as it would be very difficult to adapt them if you need them and they are not there.

The pilot bearing in the crank should be cheap (from the agents). Use loctite when fitting the flywheel.

Also, check that the thrust bearing is still ok. Replace it if in doubt as removing the box is a sh*tty job and you don't want to do it again.. don't forget to grease up the release bearing slider with waterproof grease.

Hopefully the box will have the slave cylinder attached. You will need the master cyl and piping and pedal (you don't have to change the whole pedal box). If you use old cylinders, recondition them first!!!

Also the front bit of the propshaft has to be changed, and you may have to balance the propshaft after fitting it. Or just fit a complete manual one.

As Gus says, the inhibitor switch is easy to disconnect, can detail it for you if necessary.

You may have difficulty finding the pedal bit but the rest should be easy to find, cost will depend on who you are buying them from, but it is likely to cost more than $250 on top of the cost of the box. :(

you dont have to use a diff pedal box? please entail will

the facelifts have their CAS and RPM sensors on the engine/ignition leads, so shouldnt need them on the box. Mine is working fine (87 with 88)

def recondition old cylinders, its about 10 bucks each and makes them basically new. dunno if the slave can be re coed but they not too bad either

you dont have to use a diff pedal box? please entail will

you can just put the clutch pedal onto your existing pedal mount. The mount is the same for the auto and manual, they just change the brake pedal for a bigger one and leave off the clutch pedal. Just saves the hassle of removing the whole thing from the car, just swap the pedals... (if this makes sense...)

some F/L may still use the gearbox sensors, just pays to check now and save yourself some heartache later...

there are places that will insert a stainless sleeve into the master/slave cyls thus preventing any further corrosion and pitting. Worth the cost IMO.

thanks guys i am pretty serious and id say ill buy it now, my aim was to get the car manual by new years, so im pretty amped!!

cheers