Sign in to follow this  
dr_kahu

Random question about a bus

Coming to work yesterday I drove past a bus (at least it looked similar to the regular type used in public transport) but I swear I thought it had e39 FL (looking?) headlights (no I wasn't 'on' anything). Anyone else seen this? It might be commonplace but I'd never seen it before.... Usually I see buses with those little circular headlights. Mind you this is in palmy so odd things do happen....

Edit: Actually come to think of it, maybe it was more like a coach that ferries people between cities.

Edit2: I see google brings up a result back to bimmersport which is no longer accessible.... lol

Edit3: Oh maybe I should've used the term 'coach' in my googling doh!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1283775-I-envy-the-motor-coaches-at-work

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:TDURbDdRp8MJ:bimmersport.co.nz/topic/31744-is-it-just-me-or-this-look-like-a-e39-headlight/+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/front-headlights-changed-to-bmw-e39-series-headlights-140893.html

Case closed - sorry!

Edited by dr_kahu

Yup, I've noticed that too on the Volvo buses. Saw two today, one with fl, one with pfl lights

Thats precisely what it is. I forget who it was, but they started buying an E39 lamp assy instead of the regular Hella aftermarket DE lamps.

I`ve just got home from the pub after work ( Yes it`s Friday in ChCh) and I am not sure I can add anything to this debate..but I just have ...or not ??

PS: Just fitted some genuine M paralells and great tyres to my e39 today, bought them off a guy in Napier via Trade me. Had them fitted at Ian Scobie tyres this afternoon and I am the happiest punter on this blog. Cannot believe how great they look.

I`ve just got home from the pub after work ( Yes it`s Friday in ChCh) and I am not sure I can add anything to this debate..but I just have ...or not ??

PS: Just fitted some genuine M paralells and great tyres to my e39 today, bought them off a guy in Napier via Trade me. Had them fitted at Ian Scobie tyres this afternoon and I am the happiest punter on this blog. Cannot believe how great they look.

:rolleyes: Photos - this means nothing without outa focus 'on the pi$$' pics showing your bus headlights ae.......& the new 'M's........ :)