Sign in to follow this  
lukas101

Beemer

hey guys i am new to this forum and have been told to come here from nzpc for info on beemers.

i have recently sold my gtx and want to upgrade to a bmw. i have upto 10k to spend and am looking for one that is auto, has leather interior, preferrably black but not too concerned. i like 325i's and 320s but dont know too much about bmws at all, so any info to know when looking for one would be great.

also if u know of anyone selling a beemer for upto 10k, let me know :D

cheers

lukas

oh $hit sorry :D um i am after a 4 door sedan, not a coupe, as i want a spacious car. my mate has a 96 320 (e36 maybe :unsure: ) and i really like that. i want one with reasonably low kms.

anyone know of one for sale like this?

also, i was looking on trademe and came across this:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction...asp?id=36742929

is it worth it? a lot of people say its overpriced quite significantly and would be better off getting a newer one with less kms for cheaper...

what u rekon? point me in any directions?

cheers

oh $hit sorry :D um i am after a 4 door sedan, not a coupe, as i want a spacious car. my mate has a 96 320 (e36 maybe :unsure: ) and i really like that. i want one with reasonably low kms.

anyone know of one for sale like this?

also, i was looking on trademe and came across this:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction...asp?id=36742929

is it worth it? a lot of people say its overpriced quite significantly and would be better off getting a newer one with less kms for cheaper...

what u rekon? point me in any directions?

cheers

Thats quite a nice looking 5'er. Definately meets your requirements of a spacious car. I definatley like driving E34's :)

yea it is nice, very nice in fact, with blue leather interior *drools*

but he wants 10k, and thats a lot. id have no $$ left over and everyone says its not even worth 5k, being a 15 year old car with just a kit and mags. so i duno. i like it a lot but it is expensive so am still on the hunt!

Yea, I dont think its worth $10k, there was a very clean 535i manual with kit and everything that the seller wanted $6k for, and that didnt sell either.

$6k is about max I would pay assuming its in fantastic condition mechanically and otherwise.

Of course it also depends what aftermarket stuff you plan on doing, if like me throwing the engine away in favor of a Lexus V8, you can get an even cheaper one ;)

yea im after an auto aye, just a cruisng car B) i quite like the e30 and e36's. are these any good to drive? also ive heard the transmissions on beemers are expensive to fix when something goes wrong. how expensive are we talking? thousands instantly?

if anyone can put me in touch with someone selling a beemer that would be great as i am desperate for a car within the next week or so

I have a E36 325i also with sport suspension which is definatley alot more manouverable and whippy than my 525i, but with some decent suspension on the 5 I'm curious to know how it will do.

To be honest I've grown quite fond of my E34 since its just such a luxury cruiser. Only my fuel econcomy sucks since the engine isnt top notch, but I'll fix that after I put the v8 in.

If you can handle the size and want a luxo-barge cruiser, for me I'd take a 5 series over a 3 series.

I have a E36 325i also with sport suspension which is definatley alot more manouverable and whippy than my 525i, but with some decent suspension on the 5 I'm curious to know how it will do.

To be honest I've grown quite fond of my E34 since its just such a luxury cruiser. Only my fuel econcomy sucks since the engine isnt top notch, but I'll fix that after I put the v8 in.

If you can handle the size and want a luxo-barge cruiser, for me I'd take a 5 series over a 3 series.

you want to sell your 325i? got any pics of it anyway?

lol nah, the 5'er is my project car. Edited by Viking

Ewww.

You cant go wrong with a 5 or a 3 - theyre completely different experiences, so perhaps go past some dealers and have a drive of a few different kinds.

E36 if you want something sportier, go with a 5 series if you like something more spacious and cruising'sy.

Bimmerdiy.com has a lot of info, i think theres a link to a buyers guide on there too.

lol nah, the 5'er is my project car.

Posted Image

Once I've finished on the 5'er up to a standard I'm happy with I'll redo my 3'er and make it into

Posted Image

oh so very very sad.

So some people have different tastes than you, who would have thought

yeah but his taste is right..

jks, different strokes..

c'mon people... settle settle :D everyone has their own tastes and should not be bagged for it.

i personally like the 3 series better, not the coupe though, too small. my view is if you want a beemer, get a spacious one, as they are luxury cars (well, most of them <_< ).

but then again thats my taste :D

Andrew or Brent might have an E34 for within that price range.

If you are not doing a lot of touring, then an E36 would be fine.

I still prefer the 5 series, but, it's no light weight.

If you more a cruiser then I don't think you'll want an E30, (earlier 3 series), definatly go for an E36. I'd also get a 325i if you want an auto. 320 are pretty slow and pretty thirsty on gas for the size.

My olds recently got a 95' 318i auto, done around 80'000k, they paid around 8g for it.

yea i dont do too much touring but i like the 525's, hopefully looking at one soon. i am going to be travelling up till christmas quite a bit so a 525 would be awesome. what are they worth? say one with 100-130kms, mags, leather interior, pretty good nick???

there are a few i am keen on and quite different price ranges. one is the link on page one and the second is NHCTIB's one in the for sale section. both very nice...

what you guys rekon?

Guest Andrew

yea i dont do too much touring but i like the 525's, hopefully looking at one soon. i am going to be travelling up till christmas quite a bit so a 525 would be awesome. what are they worth? say one with 100-130kms, mags, leather interior, pretty good nick???

there are a few i am keen on and quite different price ranges. one is the link on page one and the second is NHCTIB's one in the for sale section. both very nice...

what you guys rekon?

We have a black 525i manual, red leather, well over your ks (but that doesn't really matter), comprehensive service history, lowered, tints. $6000

PM if you want pics + more details.

Welcome