Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

New job in the new year

So was reading the paper a month or so ago (yes they still exist) and came across an ad for a job that I thought hmmm might throw my C.V in for even though in today's market thought I would not even hear back from them.

Got a phone call for an interview which to be honest I was just flattered in even getting called in for. I have been in my current position of night shift manager for 8 years so have been out of the interview side of things for awhile and I am normally conducting them not being interviewed in them.

Got called back for a second interview in which I was told it was down to 3 people and by then I was both excited and nervous. A week after the second interview I was called back and offered the job on a 3 month trial (as is the case with just about any job now days).

So starting next year on the 13th of Jan I am taking over as factory manager of a plastics manufacturing company (My previous job is in the same industry) , this is going to be a big step up and something I am very excited in tackling.

Yay me. :D

• Like 1

Yea mate, well done!!! Good on ya - hope it goes well & gives ya some challenges, without it being too many. Primo way to start 2014............. ;):)

Yay you indeed. :D

I remember well the issues with applying for jobs for the first time in years, and attending interviews. Great to hear you came through it with a result.

Good for you! Hope it goes well.

What plastics company is it your going to work for, and what industry do they supply (out of interest)?

Company called flexoplas and we make plastic bags, bin liners as well as timber wrap and a host of other things. I am leaving a company where we were injection and blow, pet molding so going to blow film is going to be a lot different for me.