Sign in to follow this  
740i_Lou

Lou's 1994 7 Series

I dont if its just the car or what but you do seems to break alot of stuff :D I known being a cheap plastic fantastic era car doesn't help.

Good thats it all going now anyway.

So other than other than the bolt covers on the engine cover and the lid for the jump start terminal, she's back together.

wcx2zfsn.k5y.jpg

Still in need of a good detailing, but she looks alot cleaner.

Also attacked the interior with some leather cleaner and then use some moisturizing protector spray.

Came up pretty mint. Especially in the rear. The leather has been well looked after for most part of its life.

cih4nsxr.vpd.jpg

o3ntun12.gf0.jpg

The photo's don't really show the colour but it has a purple tint to it. Kind of an interesting colour which I wasn't overly thrilled with at the start but its grown on me and I feel it goes really well with the other colours around the car.

BTW, please excuse the random black dots in all the photo's. I'm using my Experia Z and apparently its a common fault. Will be sending it back at some stage.

Edited by 740i_Lou

Just a revision of my list of things to do. (in no particular order)

1. Fix the rear high stop light

2. Fix the rear blind motor

3. Fix the air con

4. Fix intermittent locking issue

5. Muffler delete and install tips

6. Remove the tow bar

7. Lower it

8. Wheels

9. Pull the intake off, replace valley pan, replace knock sensor's and PCV

10. Replace Chain tensioner

11. Front EZ lip

11. Rear boot or roof spoiler

12. Fix the radio reception

Looks good. I actually prefer the E38 looks over E39 more so when its all stock

Are you going to colour code the bottom areas?

Not at this stage. I quite like the two tone. Think the black compliments the Mojave nicely.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

So other than other than the bolt covers on the engine cover and the lid for the jump start terminal, she's back together.

wcx2zfsn.k5y.jpg

Still in need of a good detailing, but she looks alot cleaner.

Also attacked the interior with some leather cleaner and then use some moisturizing protector spray.

Came up pretty mint. Especially in the rear. The leather has been well looked after for most part of its life.

cih4nsxr.vpd.jpg

o3ntun12.gf0.jpg

The photo's don't really show the colour but it has a purple tint to it. Kind of an interesting colour which I wasn't overly thrilled with at the start but its grown on me and I feel it goes really well with the other colours around the car.

BTW, please excuse the random black dots in all the photo's. I'm using my Experia Z and apparently its a common fault. Will be sending it back at some stage.

I've wanted to do a 2 tone interior on mine for ages. A mix of black with your color. I think it would go well with the navara violet color of my car.

Might be worth looking at the options list. My 740i had a purple tinge to the leather in the right light. Turned out they had optioned water buffalo leather which coat an extra 10k. Has very different care and cleaning requirements and easily absorbs water. Easiest way to tell is water buffalo seats dont allow seat heating pads.

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2