Sign in to follow this  
louistan3

Couple of questions about e30 problems

Can anyone point me to the direction as to where they normally buy hoses that need to be replaced? Such as the ones badly encircled in red in the photo below:

Vacuum leaks - 01/2014

Are these normally bought from our standard parts supplier (i.e. euro-italian/bmw dealerships)?

And also my spark plugs have been replaced a few months ago and i decided to check on them yesterday and saw this:

Spark Plugs - 01/2014

I believe my car is running rich which might be the cause of the plugs looking like that or is that a normal looking plug?

With that, what could be causing it to run rich? this not sure how to start diagnosing this as it doesn't look like i can see any codes on this engine unless im just not looking in the right places..

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

From the looks of the plugs well time to carry out a good tune checking, air filter, tappet clearance, HT lead resistance etc and checking and adjusting the air flow meter co reading.

The fabric covered hoses in your photo I may have them you would have to remove and measure up then send a pm.

I would recommend look up the p/n's on realoem web site then buy the correct items from pelican parts remembering to make sure the value including freight is less than $400.00 nz.

Dave.

I've always bought hoses from the dealer, they are usually quite reasonably priced. I.e bottom radiator hose for around $40 and misc vacuum hose for $12ish

Thanks for the replies. I'll try the dealership then since I'd prefer to have it new and last longer than get some used hoses.

87M3@NZ : thanks for the suggestions. Will have a look at the standard stuff as I have been doing that slowly. I was thinking it was something with the ignition so might have to see about the HT leads.