Sign in to follow this  
bigballershotcaller

Workshop in Wellington?

Does anyone know a reputable shop/mechanic in Wellington for working on BMWs? Looking to get FMIC and Downpipes installed on a 335i... anyone in the area had it done or knows someone with experience?

Cheers
F.

fmic? ?? wtf?

Front mount intercooler perhaps?

If so, suggest you talk to Speedtech Motorsport in Seaview.

stay the hell away from Shred Motorsport.

I wouldn't trust them with a toaster let alone a BMW. The only reason they are still in business is that mummy & daddy bailed them out and paid me to not liquidate them. You can find the "beware of Shred" thread on here somewhere.

edit: here: http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/45226-a-heads-up-beware-of-shred/?hl=shred

Aaron Lawson is a muppet. He is dangerous. "forgot"to properly bolt in the front suspension in my car.

If it wasn't picked up he could have killed me.

I wouldn't use STM unless you have a evo.

Powerhaus is for Porsche's. I have heard good things about them but you only really see Porsche's there.

Besides Geoff Gray BMW, Macbilt engineering in Grenada North would be the only people I would trust.

Al's (alistar mclennon) straight up, old school. Has been there and done it. The calibre of the cars in his shop are a testament.

I'm getting BMW to install my clutch, mostly because I'm a stickler for BMW servicing. If I was to mod anything I would take my car to Al.

Edited by DarrenG
  • Like 1