Sign in to follow this  
MoJoJoe

bmw fan clutch tool ebay

do they sell the tool in nz? or must i get it off ebay? my trusted screw driver broke, but the damn clutch nut won't come off. time to invest in the tool.

Had to get mine from Ebay. I found nothing in NZ a few months back. Searched high and low. Was $35USD from ebay for my two. Got a locking bar and spanner.

Soooo fricken handy for old motors.

Had to get mine from Ebay. I found nothing in NZ a few months back. Searched high and low. Was $35USD from ebay for my two. Got a locking bar and spanner.

Soooo fricken handy for old motors.

can i get it off you? i'll pay you exact what you paid + shipping from ebay? and you can get another one? I kinda need one next week.

I won't be near it until Tuesday next week as I am away for racing in Taupo all weekend sorry.

I just use a 32mm spanner that I grinded abit of the sides so it'll clear the bolts...

Oh and a big hammer and some crc

I got the spanner, I have done this before, but 2 of my screw drivers broke so I dont want to keep doing it like this, Yes I was spinning it clock wise. So I want to grab that tool. it makes life easier if it can hold it in place while I hammer the crap out of it with my rubber mallet :D

@Dan, maybe I could wait till you are back and maybe borrow yours if you dont want to sell it. I dont know the wait from us to nz seems to be nearly a month.

Edited by MoJoJoe

what do you need screw drivers for????

to jam then into one of the nuts while you use your spanner to rotate the fan clutch nut clock wise to "break it" and then its pretty easy to unscrew.

I just use a 32mm spanner that I grinded abit of the sides so it'll clear the bolts...

Oh and a big hammer and some crc

;) Its the southern way ae mate................ :) Damn but I miss it..............

And that doesn't work, 1st upgrade step is ALWAYS get a bigger hammer...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztovFS1XLDM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLSSrzgf5GI

Edited by Blue-540i

euroriffic's method works every time for me.

Only I didn't need to grind my spanner.

Sharp hammer blow to unlock the nut, moderate tap to lock it.

No need to hold the coupling.

If you need the special tool, it's a sign the nut has been overtorqued.

But at $US35 the tool may be cheaper than buying the big spanner!

Should be fine as long as I can dig it out when I get back. I know where the spanner is. The locking tool however...

You could just make one out of a bit of plate. Drill some holes to suite. That's all it really is anyway.