Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

Brakes sticking

I have an odd issue since changing brake boosters, After driving for about 15-20 minutes the brake pedal will go hard and it feels as if the car is being held back. It has stranded me twice on the motorway this week, Cruising at 100kmh then all of a sudden the car slows down and cannot accelerate.

At first i thought it was the gearbox, but today it happened again and I noticed the pedal had gone hard before I reached the motorway - Then about 2km down, the steering wheel started shaking and the car came to a hault again. Sat there for an hour letting them cool and eventually i felt them unstick and avoided using pedal brakes until I got home.

Only thing in the brakes I touched was the brake booster to a MK2 golf one which is a straight swap, Could the booster be bad since it seems to stop working after a while? Any ideas as to why it would cause the brakes to stick, or can the booster get stuck?

The engine doesn't seem to idle weird or anything and it has the one way valve for vacuum from the intake manifold, and yes its the right way around ^_^

Only non-OEM part used in the swap and it fails? Coincidence? I think not......

it has the E30 master still doesnt it?

John, Still waiting for that bracket I paid you for over a week ago. Not sure why you are logging in every day but not replying to my messages...

Common courtesy bro, have you sent it or not?

If you have been too busy thats fine, can you let me know and hurry the Fcuk up?