Sign in to follow this  
rusteee

Respect for the E39

Ah that sucks but yeah i sure know the old gravel on a corner feeling.

Re the insurance co and rego how do they have ANY claim on YOUR fees

They own the car when it gets de-registered. If you deregister it prior (only way to get fees back) then they don't pay out, because the ownership can't be changed to them.

They own the car when it gets de-registered. If you deregister it prior (only way to get fees back) then they don't pay out, because the ownership can't be changed to them.

Yeah your on to it. As I did ring them prior to them picking it up, and they said exactly that, I cannot de-register it as they need to change it to them, then they will sort it out from there. I mean its a small issue considering, but I had not long put a 6 month rego on it, and was trying to get back as much as possible considering the pay out.

Edited by rusteee

On my way home to a call out, gravel on the corner, came around and lost it when the passengers side kicked out. Tried to correct but had to go with it. It's a bastard because I've driven that road sooo many times in the last 8 years of owning vehicles and usually know what to expect. Just have to fully concentrate on these country roads, not just expect them to be a clear path.

i know what you mean, they keep fixing the roads all over where I live, so much gravel, they hit the car and the windshield. I have seen usually crashes happen on the roads close to home, the ones you have been a million times, the ons you just "know", and all of a sudden you feel your head hurts(?) maybe from the enourmous driving pleasure, or that your confidence of driving a car that drives like its on rails and the fact of knowing the road so well that you feel just cant go wrong, this feeling takes over, then you make one little mistake and failure to react properly or in time and boom, it comes outta nowhere.

I have see some crashes before, funny story i went to see a car and the woman said her daughter recently had a crash in her 5 series(or was it 7?) Anyway truck got her from the side through the drivers door, she suffered some leg damage but was unscratched otherwise. I think parents bought her another one now.

dont listen to blue, he just pretends not to be a cheapscape, kinda like me :P..see he hasn't crashed enough cars yet, he gets put off because I parked my car in a ditch so now I am ditch boy. :lol:

Take care man, and happy and safe driving, go fast, just a lttle bit, but not too fast, just enough, just enough but then slow down a bit more around the corners...and then go faster again :lol: all the best driving, be safe and take care :)

Edited by MoJoJoe
  • Like 2

Holy crap!! That's a pretty good effort, even better that you crawled out and got to grumble about your insurers after the fact! :)

Makes me a little nervous about my E36! :huh:

Yea thats true ay. I should say though, that there has been no hiccups at all with going through the claim etc so I'll give them that =) Shouldn't really complain at all I suppose, coulda been worse

Yea thats true ay. I should say though, that there has been no hiccups at all with going through the claim etc so I'll give them that =) Shouldn't really complain at all I suppose, coulda been worse

Nah, you've still got every right to bitch about insurance. I can't think of any other group of people in history that managed to have their own brand of extortion legalised AND condoned by the Government :blink: