Sign in to follow this  
gjm

M30 AFMs

I found this on the http://5seriesparts.com/ website and thought it may be useful to someone, one day.

"I own a 1980 BMW 633 CSi, a 1992 BMW 735i, and several models in between, including a 1984 BMW 633 CSi and a 1984 BMW 733i. My tech and I inspected the mass air flow meters on all of these cars, and checked the part numbers. Of course, it’s possible that some of these parts were not originally on the car, but I’ve personally driven each of these cars so I know that the part at least works on that car.

Although the 1992 car has a pretty plastic cover on top of the mass air flow meter, when the cover is removed, the part is the same as on all the other models we analyzed. And so, now we have a good handle on mass air flow meters for the M30 engine."

Well yea, they are the same engines bar the compression differences...that's why I took the pretty plastic cover off my e34 m30 and put it in the e28. There is a sh*t load of other parts that can be swapped between the two as well.

Edited by _Matt_