Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

Cheap E46 M3 in piss yellow

Haha C63 AMG… I'm considering one now :P

Yeah, the rod bearings or whatever they're called seem to be the main issue. I haven't seen a huge amount of them though. Nonetheless, it's a fantastic car. Sounds like bad luck to me.

Yeah man I spend a lot of time in Vancouver, Canada and my cousin there owns a c63 amg, 2009 model if i remember correctly, I drive that quite often as he has a work car. If you do get one you have to absolutely ensure it's one with a performance pack option otherwise it's useless. ceramic brakes, lsd, alcantara etc etc amazing machine being an actual straight automatic is annoying at times but that car is amazing.. after spending extensive time with e92 m3's and that c63.. unless you're a track day addict absolutely go for that merc! pretty much a de-tuned sls motor! one of the great engines that'll ever be

I do envy you!! hahaha

Not sure if you've heard but the main bearings part #'s in the later model e92 m3's are different to the earlier model ones (2010 and later) so they've changed suppliers or something there and fixed the issue. Don't know if they needed to sort anything out with the oil pump

I was looking at a C63 AMG , fairly sure it was performance pack, 2011, 39,000kms - only $65K.

Sold before I could sort out finances. Was a bit gutted but oh well. Alternatively, considering a black M3 E92 at Independent for $70K. Only 26,000kms or something. Hmm.

I was looking at a C63 AMG , fairly sure it was performance pack, 2011, 39,000kms - only $65K.

Sold before I could sort out finances. Was a bit gutted but oh well. Alternatively, considering a black M3 E92 at Independent for $70K. Only 26,000kms or something. Hmm.

2011 39,000 kms and performance pack... 65k!! wow where did you find a bargain like that?? couldn't possibly be trademe .. I would have jumped on that opportunity as well :)

the 08 versions go for about that much normally with colour/lower kms combo

newer e92 m3 i presume?? hmmm I'd wait for the slight price drop with the release of the new m3 and m4 in NZ, might even get the "individual" models with the frozen/ matte based colours to drop enough in value, might score a bargain

Edited by DSCOFF

2011 39,000 kms and performance pack... 65k!! wow where did you find a bargain like that?? couldn't possibly be trademe .. I would have jumped on that opportunity as well :)

the 08 versions go for about that much normally with colour/lower kms combo

newer e92 m3 i presume?? hmmm I'd wait for the slight price drop with the release of the new m3 and m4 in NZ, might even get the "individual" models with the frozen/ matte based colours to drop enough in value, might score a bargain

Na it's an 08 as well, but lower mileage and NZ new which is attractive.

I don't think the prices will drop much. It's not like in the UK or US where the price of the next-gen isn't much more than the predecessor, whereas I'd expect the new M3/M4 to be $170K+ which is still such a massive difference from buying an E92 M3.

It's not like you'd say, "for $20-30K more I could get brand new, updated model." like if you were overseas. Here, it's still $100K more.

Just my 2c

Yeah I guess that could be true with the nz market, you're on the money about the high prices we pay here for some of our cars.

I was just thinking along the lines of 2010, 2011 e90 e92 m3 owners just wanting to upgrade.. that new m3 m4 would be highly sought after and the influx of these used m3's creating more stock in the market hence maybe a competitiveness of prices equalling price drops ever so slightly maybe or maybe enough to make a difference to you and I .. who knows we'll have to wait and see I guess

Edited by DSCOFF

Has any one had a look at this ?

Was out at Turners on an unrelated matter today and saw this car. Wow. Looks like a piece of sh*t to put it bluntly. Holes in bumper where splitters should be, engine bay disgusting, bird sh*t all over the back window, lots of scratches, a handful of dents. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Edit:

No worries

Edited by TJ*