Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

Attention all BMW owners that have light leather interior

Sooo I hadn't cleaned the leather in my vehicle for over a year now & it started to look darker than what it used to be from wear & tear. The official bmw color name for the leather in my vehicle is 'platinum merino' which is a 'BMW individual' specified leather color & should not be confused with the typical 'beige' color seen in most 7ers which is darker & a different grade of leather. I've done half of one seat with Meguiars gold class leather cleaner & here's the difference of before & after. I must say I didn't realize how dark the leather had gotten until now & I will now maintain the leather more frequently to avoid it going dark again!

post-6674-0-71522100-1391723411_thumb.pn

post-6674-0-80126000-1391723430.jpg

Edited by tobytoblerone

very nice is that the back seat?

very nice is that the back seat?

Yes that's the back seat, it has the extended leather option so it's going to be a big job cleaning all the leather. I did the right side of the back portion that runs the length of the side of the back seats to the top of the rear parcel tray with leather cleaner & you can see the difference to the piece on the left. The leather must react to atmospheric conditions & darken over time. here's another view: also cleaned

post-6674-0-75647100-1391735819_thumb.jp

post-6674-0-46345500-1391735992_thumb.jp