Sign in to follow this  
Etwenty1

e30 m20b25 manual conversion wiring

Nearly finished my conversion but my car had the sport switch auto and the wiring is different to all the diy guides I can find. Some show cutting out the auto plug and joining 5 wires, others show alterations under the dash. Anyone know this?

I did this late last year. there is a plug in the glove box you disconnect or connect. I can remember which. Have a look on e30zone there are plenty of threads about it.

would be good if you can post a link when you find out mate, my cab has the sport auto box too and will begetting a manual conversion soon.

would be good if you can post a link when you find out mate, my cab has the sport auto box too and will begetting a manual conversion soon.

wiring for the inhibitor is the same.

do whatever you want with the sport switch, leave it there / unplug it whatever.

wiring for the inhibitor is the same.

do whatever you want with the sport switch, leave it there / unplug it whatever.

from memory, there are 5 wires there, you leave two of them crimped off to themselves, and the other three you join all together is that right? havent done a manual conversion for like 5 years now.

The E30zone thread was correct. Up behind and above the glovebox there is a thick loom strand with two single wires bound to it. each is a blk/yel to blk with an inline plug. Undo these, connect the blk/yel's to each other using the existing plugs and its sorted. Have some pics i may try to upload. The reverse lights seem pretty simple.

Now woundering about deleting the redundant loom and trans ECU? before i re-assemble the dash.

The E30zone thread was correct. Up behind and above the glovebox there is a thick loom strand with two single wires bound to it. each is a blk/yel to blk with an inline plug. Undo these, connect the blk/yel's to each other using the existing plugs and its sorted. Have some pics i may try to upload. The reverse lights seem pretty simple.

Now woundering about deleting the redundant loom and trans ECU? before i re-assemble the dash.

yep thats easiest way.

Perhaps that ECU behind the glovebox is not for the Trans? Ill leave it there.

THanks Chris00 for the right info.

Pretty sure that's the abs ecu. Trans ecu is in boot. Well that was the case in a pfl I did

Sent from my C2 using Tapatalk