Sign in to follow this  
DaveO

2000 BMW M5 E39 - SOLD

I bet the E60 M5's dont sell in a hurry either, them being priced closed to the E39 tells you everything.For me it just comes down to who wanting which car at the time, most enthusiasts would take the E39.

The two models attract different buyers so not really relevant here.

I think your E39 M5 is very nice, but rightly or wrongly I wouldn't buy it purely because it is a Singaporean import. People will want to see FULL history from new too.

As it hasn't sold the market is telling you it is overpriced. Plain and simple.

Overpriced, perhaps. Although, as many people have mentioned, it is quite a specific target audience market. So maybe it's not overpriced and the right buyer just hasn't shown him/herself yet.

I have had 3-4 offers from trademe for people offering $25k - $26k. So have the option to fall back to this. However I am not really in a crazy rush to sell it, and as have said earlier, would rather sell to an actual enthusiast or bimmersport member.

I know when I bought the car 6 months ago for $27,000, that there were 3 or 4 people fighting over it (after being on trademe for only ONE day), and if I didn't take the day off work to go check the car, have it inspected, and buy it, it would have gone elsewhere.

Since then I have put a full set of new tyres on the car ($1600), as well as replacing the 'angel-eyes' with white lighting instead of yellow, as well as a Jerry Clayton BMW service ($600ish).

All I am looking to do is break even. Someone come and take the car away for $29,000...

• Like 1

Overpriced, perhaps. Although, as many people have mentioned, it is quite a specific target audience market. So maybe it's not overpriced and the right buyer just hasn't shown him/herself yet.

I have had 3-4 offers from trademe for people offering $25k - $26k. So have the option to fall back to this. However I am not really in a crazy rush to sell it, and as have said earlier, would rather sell to an actual enthusiast or bimmersport member.

I know when I bought the car 6 months ago for $27,000, that there were 3 or 4 people fighting over it (after being on trademe for only ONE day), and if I didn't take the day off work to go check the car, have it inspected, and buy it, it would have gone elsewhere.

Since then I have put a full set of new tyres on the car ($1600), as well as replacing the 'angel-eyes' with white lighting instead of yellow, as well as a Jerry Clayton BMW service ($600ish).

All I am looking to do is break even. Someone come and take the car away for $29,000...

I thought you'd said you had an offer for 27k?

At only $2000 over 6 months loss, I'd take the the 27 slides and move on personally and I'd class the tyres and lights just maintenance, i.e 2k on maintenance on a M car isn't that greater deal :) If it had been a new car, you'd have lost far more than that!

• Like 2

SOLD for 26.5k - a bit less than I hoped for, but am super happy to be selling it to another enthusiast (who currently drives an e34 m5)

I will miss this car :'(

Edited by DaveO
  • Like 1

SOLD.

I will miss this car :'(

Past it at the Takanini Off ramp Bp... Stunning car

Edited by Amber-Leigh

Past it at the Takanini Off ramp Bp... Stunning car

It feels like I spend half my life at the Takanini BP, damn thirsty cars! You might spot my E60 there next time. Come say hi.

• Like 1

Congrats on the sale and good stuff for passing it on to another enthusiast! Enjoy the E60.

am super happy to be selling it to another enthusiast (who currently drives an e34 m5)

How much does he want for the E34? :D

How much does he want for the E34? :D

Hahaha, was the first question I asked him. I think he's selling it for around 15 but will ask him more about it when he picks up the E39

Hahaha, was the first question I asked him. I think he's selling it for around 15 but will ask him more about it when he picks up the E39

Keep me updated, could be very keen!

It feels like I spend half my life at the Takanini BP, damn thirsty cars!  You might spot my E60 there next time.  Come say hi.

Had a horse on board or I would have done a Uturn and asked for a quick listen ;)

• Like 1