Sign in to follow this  
mwheelernz

E30 Bummer trim

Hi there,

The bumper trim, front and rear, on my pre-facelift has unfortunately starting showing age from the sun and is more of a greyish colour now. Just wondering whether anyone has come across a product that will restore the original clean black look.

Thanks for the help!

can still buy new from BMW, have got some for an E34 at one stage, was pretty reasonable and they wont charge you shipping so works out cheaper than if you buy overseas etc which seems cheaper on face value but then they sting you with shipping.

What an interesting thought! Will explore this as I'd like new ones if/when I get the tech1 on...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What an interesting thought! Will explore this as I'd like new ones if/when I get the tech1 on...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mtech trim is actually slightly different to normal trim so you will need it anyway. Basically its designed to fit over the kit and not directly to the bumper. rear rubber strip is longer and all.

Ive heard of people restoring them with products and looked into it but in the end i just painted my front and side trim with a trim paint.

They are like $100 USD for the front, and about $150 USD for the back. Without shipping. Haven't priced at Team BMW etc.

For facelift.

Edited by vtgts300kw