Sign in to follow this  
Driftracewake

Euro plate

66635 pretty new

v8 csl , brand new ,not printed yet

post-279-0-71117600-1395012922_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-66298500-1395012938.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

You realise you must lay for them as a personalised plate if you want to change what car a standard plate is on.

Also 66635 is an awesome plate

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I understand how it all works, all euro plates are "special issue" from Personalised plates,

What I should have said was I just want a euro plate that reads like a standard issue plate not a personalised one, IE 3 letters and 1-3 numbers.

Edited by Driftracewake

To convert you standard abc123 plate to euri it costs about 450 to be manufacturered by the plates people. If you get one and try to put it on another car you will have to make it personalised at a further cost of like 900.

Pruces may have changed since i last looked into this

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

Three letters then three numbers costs you $659. Upgrading any government issued plate to euro is $399.

MEPni8Z.jpg

I have another plate (for that time in the distant future where I can afford another car) with my three initials then single digit month of birth and double digit year of birth, same as the government issue format. So if you were Barack Hussein Obama II, born 4th August 1961, get BHO861. Obviously that's only going to work if you're born before October and your name starts with J or beyond now..

Get a plate like this with a bit of meaning to you that looks completely normal to everyone else!

EDIT: and if you buy a new one get a frame for it too, something like $30 extra. Screw the frame to the car and keep the plates in perfect condition. Makes it real easy to swap around with other plates too..

Edited by OOM500

i think Antil33t got his govt plate on E30 done to wide euro style, now has it on a different E34

Yes, he did,

If you pay the $399, you can keep it forever, and put it on anything for the cost of new plates, it was probably $15 bucks at the time, but that was ALL for the car it came off (giving it a new set of plates)

Except it costs $200 to put it back to Classic Style. My Reg# is WW3666. I thought it was cool at the time.

Edited by antil33t

Nah, Euro plates are $399. You can upgrade your stock plate to something stupid like red for slightly less!

Oh yeap, cheers. I obviously didn't go far enough.

Back to being just that little bit too expensive to justify.

I got mine for a Christmas gift from all of the family members haha.

Depends if your rego number is semi cool or not.

That's the way to do it.

They do look infinitely better than standard plates.