Looking for minter + will pay fair cash

Sunroof good

Wary of SMG gearboxs

Standard scarey work to be done

Going to a garaged 50+ who does his speed thing on a ducati

Thank you

Stephen

021 754 004

I honestly have never seen someone compare a 330ci to a M3... Even the E36 M3 is in another league.

100hp difference, aluminum body panel, unique suspension setup tells the whole story really. Though e46 m3 only comes in pre-FL shape. M3 probably holds it's value much better than a 330 over a longer term.

Excellent feedback

Did not intend to imply comparable

Understand differences in spec, $ up front & ongoing

Keen to see what pops out of forum as available - sadly wife thinks rag top is way to go but Im tin top

Guess it depends on your budget too. A good M3 will command 10-15k more but hold its value. M cars aren't noted for their economical service costs but if you've done your homework then no probs. As M3s are another level up, you might find they are kept in better condition than most 330's as well.

While I've not driven an M3, my 330ci had plenty of get up and go. Can imagine an M3 could be a bit of a handful with another 100hp.... And if youre really keen, one of the guys on here is selling his M5 which looks pretty sharp in black if you like E39's.

You'll have a much higher chance of finding an M3 with 3 pedals than a 330i, if what I've seen come up for sale is anything to go by. Plus in the long run, were I in your position, I'd regret not getting the M3. Forgive the assumptions, but I presume a gentleman in his 50s is probably free from child rearing obligations and is either freehold on his home or very close to it. Not saying that the 330i is a poor car, but it just doesn't compare :) And you'll never fall off an E46 either ;)

Cheers - always preferred the 3's.

Yup - me too. Only 5 series I would even entertain is the E60. The proportions on the others just dont look right to me...

Yup - me too. Only 5 series I would even entertain is the E60. The proportions on the others just dont look right to me...

E39 > F10 > E34 > E60 lol

Yup - no carseats, wife has her SUV tractor. I'm particular on getting quality. Accept 330 basic auto + just had a good conversation with Ray @ BM on SMG. Interestingly track days seem faster with age & I'm more impatient once decided what I want so looking at both. Theres some m3 1's now but at 6' 2" it'll look odd to be polite

Yup - no carseats, wife has her SUV tractor. I'm particular on getting quality. Accept 330 basic auto + just had a good conversation with Ray @ BM on SMG. Interestingly track days seem faster with age & I'm more impatient once decided what I want so looking at both. Theres some m3 1's now but at 6' 2" it'll look odd to be polite

I had a manual E46 M3, and now a manual E92 M3. Doing it all again I'd probably go SMG/DCT.

• Like 1

Driven both , 330 is brisk , m3 is fast. 330 has good road holding and is forgiving on bumpy roads. M3 has superb road holding and cornering with larger brakes but you feel every cats eye or road joint.

Spec wise the M3 s have more of the options boxes ticked.

Don't go for smg as we want to keep the prices for those of us in the know of how good they are in the M3. Plenty of fud about the smg setup on the internet.

Hi Looking for nz new of above

Discovered clubsports

Not interested in projects

Looking for minter + will pay fair cash

Sunroof good

Wary of SMG gearboxs

Standard scarey work to be done

Going to a garaged 50+ who does his speed thing on a ducati

Thank you

Stephen

021 754 004

This is my one, 2002 Clubsport NZ new boring silver, the one thing it doesn't have is electric fold in mirrors which bugs me...yet it has PDC etc, the boot spoiler is a love hate thing but i dont mind it....only because its a little bit rare...well not that rare, there is another one not far from me in Herne Bay in Estoril Blue. I bought this to strip out for the next race car but cant do it, its way too fun to drive, although it doesn't go anywhere, sits at home.high kms but driving it you wouldn't know. M3 would have been my choice if i wanted to spend the money...but then again everyone got one...(sorry Neal) :ph34r:

2014-03-19175228.jpg

2014-03-19175305.jpg

2014-03-19175320.jpg

2014-03-19174937.jpg

Edited by beemn

Really appreciate clubsport photos - decent sunroof too. If you become bored of it, wing rips best suit etc please give me a call.. Lots 330 + M3 & I appreciate CS differences

No need to be sorry in terms of every one owning an M3. Not many clubsports in NZ . I'd be happy to replace the 328 with a 330i at some stage.