Sign in to follow this  
bezzal

E34 535is As seen on TM

Hi, I've been hanging around here for a while thought I should introduce myself. My name is Richard.

I just took delivery of the above mentioned.

I'm very happy with it.

It is so straight and everything works well. The paint is in great nick, apart from the odd scratch etc. Drives better than it should for a car of that milage. Has quite a loud exhast on it which is great when your giving it the jandel, but a bit noisey for heading to work in the morning, so I might have to do something about it.

Only thing is the Dual Mass clutch is giving a bit of noise when you turn it off, easily fixed though by putting the clutch in. Has anybody here put the E28 Flywheel and clutch on?

Many thanks also to Paul and Brent who gave me heaps of great advice earlier in the year when I was pursuing another car.

I'm really looking forward to getting out on the track.

Specs:

1990 535 is

Manual

NZ New

FSH

290,000km's

Sorry I haven't got any new photo's yet. Only the TM ones.

post-9-1129840842.jpg

looks awesome buddy, smooth ride. Not sure about whether its personal preference but doesnt the M-Badge go on the other side.

Edited by E30stz

you the dude from rotorua???We swapped a few emails?Looks like a nice car.Dont tell me what you paid for it!

you the dude from rotorua???We swapped a few emails?Looks like a nice car.Dont tell me what you paid for it!

Paul, I got it for a bit less than what the guy was asking for it.

I'm based in CHCH.

Sounds like I was the only one who had cash, all other interested parties were having to arrange finance.

I would guess if they are arranging finance they shouldn't be buying a car like this.

The Dual Mass flywheel from BMW is over $3000, that gave me a bit of a laugh!

Yes i think you get a hell of a lot of car for your money.Even today my car "feels"just so much nicer than the xr6 we went to Palmerston Nth.Granted some parts are expensive,and there are lots of complex electrical circuits.But you make your choice and pays your money...enjoy it Member of BMWCC?

One of the nicest e34s i have seen on here.

How would that compare to the V8?

Specs/times?

do you mean the flywheel "rattles" when you turn off....normal

I've since done a bit of research on the flywheel thing.

Yeah it is actually the gearbox rattling when the engine speed goes through the critical resonce of about 400rpm for an instant when you turn it off. This causes the transmission to rattle while the clutch is engaged. The Technical bulletin I found from BMW on the matter suggestes putting the clutch in when turning the motor off. It also says this can not be termed a technical fault.

I had a bit of a scare though as I took it to a certain BMW Tech who told me it was probably about to fail and it would cost over $7500. Nothing like a bit of your own research to get the full story.

Memeber of BMWCC? yes I plan to join.

The car feels rock solid. By far the nicest car I have driven.

I don't think it will be the most expensive to keep on the raod.

I've owned a Lancia Delta HF turbo, and also a Range Rover (2dr). The Lancia, some of the parts were very hard to get! It was great fun though.

With regards to the V8,

540 185bhp/tonne

535 138bhp/tonne (from John G, Burns)

Tells the story.

Most of the Getrag boxes have a 400rpm resonance so it's nothing new, i'd be extremely happy if I were you though for having the manual 535, good score mate.