Sign in to follow this  
handgrenade

Angel Eyes for E36 - Sacrilege or Sweetness?

I guess your best bet is to get a complete aftermarket lights that are made to accommodate HID lighting. I did it on one of my pre FL E39's otherwise it won't really be completely plug and play. You could always go the route of white/blueish halogen bulbs and angel eyes will still look decent and would be perfectly legal.

Yeah might do that. I have some eBay searching to do but all the US m3s have plastic fantastic headlights for their e36s!

Haha yeah US spec BMWs are much more disposible. That's why you can buy a brand new 3-Series there for only $37,000

Here's my old E36 a few years ago. The first picture was the result I got from using blueish halogens and CCFL angels.. And the second picture is my current E36 with HIDs and LED angels. So the halogens were pretty close to being like the HID just slightly less blue and not as intense. Still looked good though.

post-29-0-58014000-1397020073_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-27431200-1397020083.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the images! How is the light dispersion? A few results online just showed what it looked like when aimed at a wall in close range to see if the factory lens's could handle the HIDs

I think angel eyes look good not really a fan of the multi colour types of those tacky aftermarket altezza style ones.

But factory headlights with the rings look good, a friend recently got a set off of ebay for less than $60 delivered. Heres a pick of my e36

post-16160-0-17799000-1397038750_thumb.p

• Like 1

Thanks for the images! How is the light dispersion? A few results online just showed what it looked like when aimed at a wall in close range to see if the factory lens's could handle the HIDs

I guess I'll have to do the same but pretty sure it's a clean line with slight flicks up to the right of each side

I guess I'll have to do the same but pretty sure it's a clean line with slight flicks up to the right of each side

Maybe next time you are out at night in your car facing a wall, you could take a quick photo? Haha thanks

4 steps to make an e36 m3 stand out.

1: Not buy a silver Sedan ( Sorry, but theyre dime a dozen )
2: Rare Wheels
3: Exhaust.
4: (OPTIONAL) Give it sh*t.

Angel Eyes will make it look more like a G'd up 318 sedan brooo

I reserve the right to declare everything I have said above as complete sh*t and understand if you take none of it into consideration

1. Too late

2. Too late I like the stock contours.

3. Maybe. Rather have induction noise.

4. Yes of course.

I love the look of e36's and personally think that whatever you'd like to do to your car is your choice, I like subtle changes and IMO would probably drop it a couple of mm from the m-suspension (maybe due anyway) replace the wood grain interior, put the wheels back to the motorsport ones, stick a Remus exhaust on, M-spoiler or a spoiler lip and prob euro PPlates.

Evo M3, still an awesome car whatever you do too it.

Ahh, what the hell, I'll throw my 2 cents worth in too!

Contours in genuine E36 fitment are rare wheels these days to those of us that fit the nerd criteria. Keep 'em man, otherwise I'll buy them off you, especially if they're staggered!

Halos are overrated on 36s, they were never available as a factory option and to be brutally honest they just make the car look like another jumped up 318 Altezza wannabe.

BUT, each to their own. You have an M3 where I have a crappy old 325. Do what makes ya happy :)

Remus = win. End of story :)

I get your urge to make your car stand out cosmetically, but the point of the M cars was always performance, not aesthetics. Perhaps I'm showing my age,but rather than arseing about with show and tell parts why not put the money into a suspension overhaul? Will increase the real world performance drastically AND up your enjoyment of the car :)

• Like 2

Thanks mate that's an awesome post

Being sarcastic?? :huh:

For my tastes the way you have the car presented currently is exactly what I want to own in 5 years time :)

Do what satisfies yourself and screw the keyboard critics!

Nah mate no sarcasm there buddy I really appreciate your words. I love the contours! My spare was a full sized contour so I wanted to put it back how it was. Everything else is sweet. I really just want to recondition the engine and the suspension but I think being that the car has full service history thru local BMW dealerships that the suspension bushings are in good order esp when I had it up on a hoist .. brand new rear shocks and brakes plus nothing worn.

Might want to drop it a few inches but don't want to compromise the standard handling that BMW spent so much time on. ..

I do want some upgraded lighting and internal stereo upgrades without affecting the standard look too..

Also want a slightly note sporty clutch. Standard euro clutches are spongy at best but it might just be that I'm used to the solid centre unsprung full face Carbon kevlar clutch I've been daily driving for the past few months...

I suppose I will give it more time to settle into the non attraction receiving vehicle as opposed to the road legal caged race car I was dailying before haha

I had angel eyes prior to my new craze :D

My last setup was Angel Eyes, Clear Indicators, And Headlights were untouched

New Setup

Bosch Headlights with projector shrouds, 6000K HID, painted high beams, amber daytime running corners (USA style) Oh and french fogs using a Lamin-x Film over my clear fogs

post-17083-0-51296300-1397786972_thumb.j

post-17083-0-76817800-1397787308_thumb.j

Where did you get the Bosch gear from? Especially the projector shrouds?

Projector shrouds are just off trademe, not too sure if they are still available? could be a BS member selling them. You have to cut out the glass lens in order to put them in put they fit nice and snug once done, Bosch headlights i bought from another e36 owner

They seem piss easy to make anyway this is all it is

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/davedonegan/Journal/shrouds/shroud1.jpg

and these are the ones i have

http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/tq/244254130.jpg

Ordered a full replacement kit. Proper HID projectors everything. Harness looms with multiple triggers to run the angel eyes. Plug and play. Costs more than the standard install of individual components all together but only by about 25%.