Sign in to follow this  
bennz

Engine performance booster modules

Your posts make as much sense to me as your choice of engine

Come back after $25k of hookers and blow and see if you make any sense

• Like 1

Thanks, Not really keen in smart ass comments. Be decent and add in value than just say jargon for sake of making a post.

I asked for those with experience related to my question. So if you dont', please be a reader and learn a thing or two.

I think the problem Ben is that the F20 is still a reasonable new car so the tuning community, especially in NZ, haven't got their hand on it yet outside the reputable companies, ACS, Hartge etc.

That said, there a few knowledgable people on this site who might be able to help. Sadly there have been a few new members of late who just make useless comments to 'bump' their post count. They will get bored once their 'e-penis' is big enough for them so stick around. You will figure out who the smart ones are soon enough.

• Like 2

Being Turbo, it shouldn't be that difficult to get a non-intrusive remap?

Yes everyone is being a bit hard. Yes everyone (especially new members) deserve a fair, genuine response to a genuine inquiry. And Yes as a community we do our image /appeal no favours by being cynical and unhelpful. But...

When you buy a brand new low performance model and complain about its... lack of performance, don't be surprised when people roll their eyes. Perhaps you should have saved yourself $10k and bought something like this instead: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-702663246.htm As the forum heading reads, this is New Zealand's BMW enthusiast community. If you want to know if an m70b50 can be shoehorned into an e30 then you have come to the right place.

Few of us have actually driven one of the new BMWs, let alone looked under the hood. So you may be in the wrong place if you are after modification advise on an engine most of the members here have never even heard of.

None of this is personal mate. It's kind of like when you start a new job. Those that can take the sh*t and dish a bit back fit in just fine. Those that get defensive tend not to last long.

• Like 1

^^ to be fair, i didn't see the OP 'complain' about the performance of his vehicle. Also, there are some very clued up people on here who may be able to answer his query.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

These guys are the only decent option http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-bmw_116i-f20-%282012-%29_136-ps-%28petrol%29

They are getting some good results with the new Golf 7's and A series Mercs that cant be tuned via the ECU

Ring up Hi-Velocity, Torque Performance or NZ Performance Tuning

F20 116i's got a turbo rite?

Yes they're turbo dude. Right up to and inc the F30 328i are 4cyl turbo now.

Ben,

There are some knowledgeable people on here too .... Talk to these guys, they have what you want. http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/bmw/1er/f20/116i-100kw/index.php

Ive seen a race chip on a Audi SQ3 make less power than stock :wacko: