Sign in to follow this  
MoJoJoe

engine oil m52 150K

I am getting some engine oil from SCA tomorrow, the engine has done 150K and fairly good condition, anybody know how much oil it needs? I will drain it and refill it, I heard it was 7.5 liter? also what oil should I go with semi synthetic or synthetic?? I was thinking to go 10w 40?

I swear every time I look on here you have a new thread about your car, Surely you could find this all on google it's been asked many times.

• Like 1

just learning my car sorry, googled but got various results, I wanted to be sure what nz m52 owners are using :)

Doubt it would take 7.5L, thats near V8 capacity. I use Penrite 10W40 full synthetic, well priced too.

Agree penrite is ideal. Otherwise chief 10w40 is a little cheaper and meets bmw ll01 specs

thanks, I think I will try that Cherokee/Chief stuff you mention, I kinda like the shape of the drums :)

so can anybody tell me how much does the engine take? google tells me that its 7.5L from us forums, I am not sure, so asking.