Sign in to follow this  
Mungous

Wanted to hire - lightweight car trailer

I need to drag a car down from Auckland to Manfeild in a couple of weeks, and am looking for a suitable car trailer to hire.

Most of the trailers at the big hire places are huge and capable of carrying a Land Cruiser, but my car is only small so I'm after something a bit more lightweight (but still tandem axle and fully braked).

Anyone have/know of something that might work for me?

Cheers

Mungous

The "Hirepool" ones have been pretty good for me - I used one behind my old VW van to collect a Beetle from up north. Was comfy at 100K most of the way and didn't seem stupid heavy.

just make sure you have the balance of weight over the front of the trailer, nothing like trailer sway at 80kmh+ been there done that.

just make sure you have the balance of weight over the front of the trailer, nothing like trailer sway at 80kmh+ been there done that.

Yeah, I once had a psychotic horse try to climb out the back of a horse float - that was one truly terrifying moment! No steering at all for about 20 seconds. At least a car generally stays where you put it...