Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

FS: Poverty Pack Manual 316i E30

Forgive my lack of knowledge but is it financially viable to reregister this? Or would it be worth just looking for a road ready 316?

Have looked into that.

Its $440 to reregister including a WOF issued. You need to buy your yearly registration etc on top of this, and potentially fix any issues that come up during inspection.

I know i could get $3k for this without too much hassle, providing it was WOFd and Regd, though i would end up keeping it if i went through with that probably.

If i had a garage that I trusted i would take it for an inspection as though it is a normal WOF check, but I only use VTNZ now as i find they are actually the least harsh, and they won't be able to do a check like that id imagine.

A mate of mine has a heavy diesel garage with a pit that I am planning to take the car down to this weekend to have a look under it and see what I can find. This is providing the pit is clear.

If it all checks out, and doesn't sell at $1500, probably go ahead and get it recompiled. It was only deregistered about a month ago. god knows why.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Have looked into that.

Its $440 to reregister including a WOF issued. You need to buy your yearly registration etc on top of this, and potentially fix any issues that come up during inspection.

I know i could get $3k for this without too much hassle, providing it was WOFd and Regd, though i would end up keeping it if i went through with that probably.

If i had a garage that I trusted i would take it for an inspection as though it is a normal WOF check, but I only use VTNZ now as i find they are actually the least harsh, and they won't be able to do a check like that id imagine.

A mate of mine has a heavy diesel garage with a pit that I am planning to take the car down to this weekend to have a look under it and see what I can find. This is providing the pit is clear.

If it all checks out, and doesn't sell at $1500, probably go ahead and get it recompiled. It was only deregistered about a month ago. god knows why.

Yeah that was the exact same research I came up with. I swear I've always had no hassle with VTNZ and more hassle with other mechanics.

If you get a chance to get a look at it over the weekend and still want to sell let us know, there's me and a workmate tossing up whether to take the plunge or not. Definitely worth trying to get it back on the road I would think.

yep, regardless of how straight it looks, will still sell at above price. definitely seems to be too good to part at this point, but its the underneath that counts.

was kinda brought with the intention of using the engine and gearbox in my dads Suzuki 4x4, but will see what happens, its too good for that i think

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

bumpo

will bang it up on trade me this weekend if nothing eventuates here.

cheers

has been up on trademe, over 3200 hits and over 100 watchers.

Price dropped to $1200, or swap for M52B28 or M50B25 and a manual box

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=730987100&ed=true

Come take her away.

Or can have it delivered to you in Auckland for $1500 all up

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Haha same exact spec as mine (when I got it at least), mine being a coupe however.

Clock didn't make the cut though

Haha same exact spec as mine (when I got it at least), mine being a coupe however.

Clock didn't make the cut though

yeah they are a bit of fun eh

Ya I love it, some people look at me a bit funny when I say that

bump!

please don't make me have to part it out! ha

yep sold

now running around with wrong tags and dodgy chassis number