Sign in to follow this  
qwertyk1d

E30 4 Door Varrstoen V3 16x8 Setup

Just recently bought a 1989 E30 4 Door 316i. Immaculate inside and out. Looking to drop it pretty low on Varrstoen V3 16x8s front and rear on 205/45/16s. Has anyone run a similar setup to this? What suspension did you use? Im open to springs or coilovers. Let me know

Cheers

post-51458-0-01685900-1398659240.png

post-51458-0-69689500-1398770255.jpg

Edited by Skeet

They will fit fine,

But seeing as your car is so tidy wouldnt you want to run some genuine wheels? Varrstoen are just like Rota. Cheap Knock offs.

Look in the for sale section, there are some BBS RS that need a quick refurb for sale. They will make your car look 500% better than the varrstoens.

Edited by pldubs

I had a question about clearance and the offset being +25. How far out have 16x8s been pushed without guard rub? What tyres were you running?

Thanks pldubs I'll have a look. I am pretty governed by budget at the moment though.

+25 will be fine on and 8 inch rim. You could prob put a 10mm spacer on, most guys run a 16x8 et0 but may need guard work depending on suspension. Id recommend the race series koni damper adjustable suspension with a king sping rear and vogtland fronts combo. but i do agree on pldubs, save a little more and get some genuine rims.

Quick comment, You'll need to stretch your tyres if you don't want them to stick out of the guards. That means you'll need to run Falken 452s if you want to legally stretch, as I think there aren't too many legal options out there. They might restrict your budget some more, unless you decide to run other branded tyres instead.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My e30 on 16x8 with the effective offset of et-5 on 215/45/16 bridgestones. Im on Koni sports adjusts and super lows.

DSC01267.jpg

Looks nice. I ended up going with Superlow 45mm drop springs, 16x8s with 195/50/16s. Needs moar low..

Looks nice. I ended up going with Superlow 45mm drop springs, 16x8s with 195/50/16s. Needs moar low..

Get some bigger tires! No need for more lows with bigger tires haha

Haha always an option but I think it could do with going a bit lower overall. Its jacked as f*** in the front.

Edited by Skeet

Saw this on trademe, was actually quite keen on it till it disappeared one day! Opted for a 320i Instead!

Very clean mate, going to keep it stock and pristine just like the previous owner wanted i see ;)

Really need coilovers to remove the guard gap in the front. I might have some springs that could do it though.

Saw this on trademe, was actually quite keen on it till it disappeared one day! Opted for a 320i Instead!

Very clean mate, going to keep it stock and pristine just like the previous owner wanted i see ;)

Haha it's all reversible mate.