Sign in to follow this  
networkn

335i Wheel Alignment and Tyres and Vaue

Hi There!

I have a 2011 335i Touring which I am enjoying except for it's lack of Grip.

I was thinking it was about time I got an alignment, balance and possibly a rotation. Can I take this car anywhere (I am in Auckland Central) or should I be looking for a specific place? Do runflats require the same rotations etc that other tyres do ?

Also I had heard that it's possible that there are newer and better RFT's than the ones I have and that these are contributing to me constantly seeing my traction control lights lighting up.

Lastly In about 6 months I'll be looking to move this vehicle along and upgrade to something else, most likely the Audi S4 or an XDrive 335D since the 335i isn't offered as a touring here. My car is pristine and has about 25,000KM's on it, I am wondering it's value approximately?

Hi There!

I was thinking it was about time I got an alignment, balance and possibly a rotation. Can I take this car anywhere (I am in Auckland Central) or should I be looking for a specific place? Do runflats require the same rotations etc that other tyres do ?

Also I had heard that it's possible that there are newer and better RFT's than the ones I have and that these are contributing to me constantly seeing my traction control lights lighting up.

Lastly In about 6 months I'll be looking to move this vehicle along and upgrade to something else, most likely the Audi S4 or an XDrive 335D since the 335i isn't offered as a touring here. My car is pristine and has about 25,000KM's on it, I am wondering it's value approximately?

What's the tread like on the tires? Have you considered ditching the run flats?

As a point of reference, at a dealer a 2011 335i (sedan) is 60K with 30k kms on it. It's an Edition model (supposedly desirable) and Motorsport kit too. Not sure spec on your car or whether tourings command a premium.

I need to get our E46 Touring sorted (aligned) too - it's showing some wear that can be attributed to incorrect camber.

I was thinking of using Autolign in Hamilton (because I work there), but I think they can be found nationwide.

Anyone used Mt Eden Tyres, they are highly rated on Google and it's really close to me. (Though so is Andrew Sims in Newmarket)

Don't use Beaurepaires, Newmarket or Firestone on the Strand. Both useless.

Get a Limited slip diff, not sure if they are available for 2011 yet. Will stop the one wheel slipping and engaging the traction control. I have one for my 07 335i Touring.

• Like 1

eurotyres at continental cars new market is awesome. No the cheapest but fantastic work

Hi There!

As above from Steve - get a LSD for your 335i if you want to sort out the traction issues

Also the RFT's on mine were terrible, one of the best changes (esp for getting traction) was switching to the Michelin PSS

• Like 1

Whats a LSD cost anyone know? Or know a part code?

I went with Simms in Newmarket, booked for Monday.

Edited by networkn

Whats a LSD cost anyone know? Or know a part code?

I went with Simms in Newmarket, booked for Monday.

Cost depends on whether your Diff is welded or bolted ( I have a feeling its welded from memory for your year)

If its bolted - then its the easiest option - mine was around $1270 US (inc shipping) for a Wavetrack LSD

Cost depends on whether your Diff is welded or bolted ( I have a feeling its welded from memory for your year)

If its bolted - then its the easiest option - mine was around $1270 US (inc shipping) for a Wavetrack LSD

So what is the downside to the LSD then? Loss of performance? I am not sure my auto mechanical insurance would allow me to modify the car like this, also unsure if it's worth while considering I'll likely replace the car within the next 12 months.