Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

Speaker grilles

Can anybody point out to me what I'm missing in trying to remove the speaker grilles in the footwell (front)? I need to get to the wiring for the door switches and this seems the logical way to do it. There's only one screw that I can see, but they ain't budging. Cheers.

Theres a couple of different panels, some are carpet while other are just plastic. I'm not sure about the carpet ones but with the plastic you also have to pull up the door seal, there might also be more screws higher up, ie next to the g/box or by just below the ECU.

Talking about those plastic covers, sort of all-in-one with kick panel?

Only one screw and you have to remove the rubber door seal in the vertical area in the door jamb. Otherwise no other clips etc I am aware of.

I find it tends to hook on the carpet at the bottom and sometimes needs a bit of gentle levering.

The passenger side one requires the removal of the bonnet lever as well...

pic shows passenger side panel.

Edited by topless

Thanks guys. Damn you're good Will, I knew you'd have the answer! It's shorting out my alarm, which didn't bother me until the other car got stolen last week. Thought maybe it was time to make it work again.