Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

parcel tray

hey, get my manual 320i back on the road tomorrow!! cant wait!!

Anyway, i need to get the rear parcel tray out as i would like to re-cover it in a black vinyl or carpet, i dont like the blue much. is it a mission or easy???

cheers.

I'll step in hare as Andrew's unofficial secretary and elaborate:

Pull up firmly on the front of the seat cushion and it will pop off its mounts and come free easy as pie.

Behind the vynl flaps on either side of the bottom part of the seat back are 10mm bolts. Undo these pull the lower part of the seat forwards to free it, then lift up firmly to lift it off its mounts. Then you can undo the seatbelt mounts, and then carefully lever the tray out (takes a bit of careful wiggling and bending).

Oh, and the plastic covers over the seatbelt reeels are clipped to the reels, so carefully prise these off first or else you'll struggle to get the tray out.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Guest Andrew

I'll step in hare as Andrew's unofficial secretary and elaborate:

Pull up firmly on the front of the seat cushion and it will pop off its mounts and come free easy as pie.

Behind the vynl flaps on either side of the bottom part of the seat back are 10mm bolts. Undo these pull the lower part of the seat forwards to free it, then lift up firmly to lift it off its mounts. Then you can undo the seatbelt mounts, and then carefully lever the tray out (takes a bit of careful wiggling and bending).

Oh, and the plastic covers over the seatbelt reeels are clipped to the reels, so carefully prise these off first or else you'll struggle to get the tray out.

:P