Sign in to follow this  
Driftracewake

335i downpipes

Has anyone here got a 335i with aftermarket downpipes and a stock exhaust that would take me for a ride? I'm looking for a real world example of how loud they are for every day use, yes there's heaps of YouTube videos but they don't really show the increase in cabin noise and under normal loads,

Preferably a E91 (in case they reverberate around the open boot area) but I'll take any options.

I'm purchasing a few pieces from the states but I don't want to waste $1k if they are going to be to loud for my liking.

Jeez I must be getting old.

Dan

Hi Dan , I have an E91 and have vsrf downpipes and the sound did not really increase at all, but great performance when matched with map. Mine are currrently off at the moment, if you would like to have a look at the pipes themselves.

I am the same as you and was not wanting a loud exhaust

Hi Dan , I have an E91 and have vsrf downpipes and the sound did not really increase at all, but great performance when matched with map. Mine are currrently off at the moment, if you would like to have a look at the pipes themselves.

I am the same as you and was not wanting a loud exhaust

Speaking of maps, I am looking at a Cobb Accessport V3 but am just worried about having to upgrade other areas of the car. Mine has done 140,000 but with full BMW service history and new turbos at 100,000 km. What kind of map do you have and was there anything else you needed to change / look out for once installed? The Cobb tune is meant to add around 60 bhp and 100 lb ft of torque, which does seem impressive.

Speaking of maps, I am looking at a Cobb Accessport V3 but am just worried about having to upgrade other areas of the car. Mine has done 140,000 but with full BMW service history and new turbos at 100,000 km. What kind of map do you have and was there anything else you needed to change / look out for once installed? The Cobb tune is meant to add around 60 bhp and 100 lb ft of torque, which does seem impressive.

I have a cobb also, just make sure your spark plugs are newish and your coil packs are in good health. You can pick which map to run depending on the boltons you have

I have a cobb also, just make sure your spark plugs are newish and your coil packs are in good health. You can pick which map to run depending on the boltons you ha

My plugs were replaced about 3-4 months ago, but I'm not sure what state the coils are in. All I know is that the turbos were replaced and I believe the injectors too. Not sure about the HPFP though. Did you have any issues with check engine lights or error codes once it was uploaded to the ECU?

Nope no codes or problems

Definitely worth the outlay then!!??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Definitely worth the outlay then!!??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I certainly think so

Thanks Steve, why have you removed yours? I'm also looking at the cobb map as I like the non invasive nature of the installation compared to the JB4. Although the JB4 seems to provide slightly better gains according to the keyboard warriors in the states.

Anyone tried the JB+ option as opposed to the JB4? The + apparently offers between 25 and 40 HP gains for around $US279 which seems cost effective. But I agree the non invasive nature of the Cobb is really attractive.

I ended up going with the cobb option, I have it installed now with a 5" front mount and BMS intake and the gains are really impressive. It's seriously quick now.

I had a miss when I first installed the cobb only, but I changed my plugs and walnut cleaned the intake and that sorted it.

I ended up going with the cobb option, I have it installed now with a 5" front mount and BMS intake and the gains are really impressive. It's seriously quick now.

I had a miss when I first installed the cobb only, but I changed my plugs and walnut cleaned the intake and that sorted it.

Downpipes?

Yip. I've got some here to be fitted next week, as well as a Wavetrac LSD. I went in stages so I could check the condition of the turbos before doing the exhaust mods.

Hi Guys. New to the forum. I have an E92 335i with a few mods and i now have downpipes that i need fitted. Anyone know of anybody that can do it for me? and at what cost? I'm in auckland

Edited by mr.naude

I'm pretty sure the BM Workshop in Botany have done a few of these now. Give Ross a call (09) 2716636

• Like 1

Thanks for that, they'll get back to me. For those that have had these fitted, any huge difference in power? If so, what mods are you running?

Yes out of the usual mods for the 335i when matched with the appropriate map its a good bump in performance. You will notice. Note if there is any rattle in your turbos it will be amplified by the downpipes. BM Worksop grey Lynn have intsalled plenty and are great guys.

Think you are looking at around $400 for install. Do you have a mechanical warranty with the car?

Thanks for that, they'll get back to me. For those that have had these fitted, any huge difference in power? If so, what mods are you running?

about 35hp on the dyno for my car - but your turbo's will be much happier as they can "breathe" properly without any restrictions

also need to get rid of the secondary cats in the exhaust for the full flow

BMWorkshop Botany have done all the work on my car - highly recommended

Edited by mod335

Sounds really good. Anyone know a backyard mechanic that'll do it for $100 and a case of beer? :D

No warranties on my car.. So im free to play!