Sign in to follow this  
yng_750

rip off 320i

http://www.trademe.co.nz/browse/listing.aspx?id=728058341

hope noone gets f**ked over on this one.

seller is stating car just needs more rego paid but it is dereg and needs to be recomplied.

have contacted seller to let him know but hopefully hes not trying to con some poor young person.

Just got a reply from the owner. fairly rude and denied its degreg and said its already sold.

despite me saying i have have checked with ltnz he doesnt believe me.

I told him how how to check and that the new owner has bought something worth scrap value.

Also added that i hope he has enough of an ethic to check and tell new owner the truth

what a dickhead! Bet he's not off Bimmersport :P

Have txt him about how to check but he is sticking to the story that the postshop guy said its fine so he doesnt believe me.

Hope noone gets caught out to bad.

I believe that he didnt know but if he gets told and still goes through with sale it makes him a tool

He probably does know, thats how he got the fine. They would have sent him a letter saying his car has been unlicensed for 12 months and is now deregistered... heres a fine for $200.

Hes probably betting on someone not checking or knowing the process.

How do you check the state of a cars registration BTW? Cant just look it up for free on CarJam anymore??

Go to ltnz and click try to register. Enter license details then rego plate. At that point it says please check as license has been cancelled. Easy check

the "fine" would have been the last years license fee he hadn't paid. When they cancel the rego, you are still liable for the outstanding license fee. It doesn't stop the cancellation though. They send letters.

Since it takes all of 3 minutes, and is FREE to put them on hold, I really don't understand how it "accidently" happens...