Sign in to follow this  
Aaron320iSmith

Help needed - tie rod end

Had to do a tie rod end and rack end on my e30, got the parts from BNT on the box it said they were for e46 but they checked the part number and told me it was the right one, pulled mine out looks like there a 3 piece and the one i got is only a 2 piece, then i put the rack end in then the tie rod end but when i went to but it into the strut it wouldnt go in, is there a tool i should be using? i have given it a few hard belts and nothing has happened???

I'm not sure what you are trying to describe here.. you certainly don't need a tool to insert the tie rod into the steering arm on the strut. (this is what I think you are trying to describe).

Have a look at the top of this forum, there is a sticky of the Hayes manual. It has some pretty detailed pics etc to help you overhaul the front suspension.

If this doesn't help you, try putting up a pic showing what you are battling with...

cheers

William

That should just fit together, no hammering of any sort. It is a tapered fit so the only way it wouldn't fit is if the tie rod pin diameter is too big, meaning you got the wrong tie rod...

otherwise I have no idea..????