Sign in to follow this  
smudger

E36 M3 convert Pricing / value

I've been looking for a good low miles E36 M3 convertible with good service history and would like some feedback on where people see the prices sitting. I've seen an excellent red one sell recently privately with 70kms for $20k or close to it and plenty of higher miles ones anywhere from $10-20k. I know of an excellent violet one with 40kms and fsh with the owner wanting low $2os - is that too much or not unreasonable ?

I would personally get a higher km but well maintained E46 for another $5k

Seeing as e36 m3 coupes are relatively cheap at about 12-15k despite slightly higher ks (ie. 130,000 give or take).. it would seem a 40k kms example to ask for $20k is reasonable especially if its a convertable.. i personally think its a bit expensive when a e46 m3 vert could probably be had for 23-30k... i suppose its worth it to someone who is looking amd how many boxes it ticks. Such as colour, interior, options, work done and servicing etc.

To pay that much for an E36 you'd have to really be wanted the E36. I'd drive the E46 as well to make sure I didn't regret the purchase.